Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

quick question **thank you**

(7 Posts)
Fluffypoms Sun 16-Aug-09 23:33:51

Hi
can anyone help was told by pead
(over phone)that dd had been booked for MRI in another hospital was told date but not time..

just wanted to know how long before the appt do you normally recieve the letter??
Just worried we wont recieve it as postie often puts ours in wrong post box and neighbours away.. and obviously dont want to miss it.

thanks in advance. smile

jjones Mon 17-Aug-09 00:16:16

I think it depends on the hospital, I would call the hospital and ask them, if you have any letters for you daughter from the hospital it will have her hospital number on and the hospital willhave a record of the appointment. Hope that helps.

TotalChaos Mon 17-Aug-09 18:00:29

agree with jjones. phone up and ask - even if you've not got a hospital reference number, they should be able to find her details by matching up her name with date of birth and address.

feelingbetter Mon 17-Aug-09 18:16:42

Oh yes, definitely phone. Things take about a week here.
Your paeds secretary should have the details handy, or go straight to the other hospital and ask for radiology or paediatric radiology.

Fluffypoms Tue 18-Aug-09 10:00:58

Thanks..
pead rang us anyway and said letter was yet to be sent out and gave me number to call if we dont recive the letter by friday.

spoke to my dp who doesnt ask questions hmm
now said that will be in hospital we are under? thought they did'nt do MRI for kids.

oh well will have to wait & see.
(so impatient) wink

TotalChaos Tue 18-Aug-09 11:21:59

it being the summer hols seasons - lots of secretaries are off - so people tend to have to cover for those off on top of doing their own work- so that may explain why letters are taking longer to get sent out..........

TotalChaos Tue 18-Aug-09 11:23:23

just to add - the appointment being made on the hospital computer will be the crucial thing in securing that appointment - so don't worry too much about when the letter arrives. did the paed tell you the appointment time?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now