Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

having a good GP makes all the difference

(9 Posts)
Fio2 Fri 27-May-05 08:28:23

as when i finally got to speak to him he was amazing. Then yesterday afternoon he rang me from home to ask how dd was and to say if I needed him he would pop out to see her He seems to understand so much about her needs and trusts my instinct. What a relief after the last GP, who was a shocker but alas not as shocking as Merlots

oh dd has just asked for 'skirt' and 't-shirt'

Potty1 Fri 27-May-05 08:48:53

Hi Fio - hope dd is feeling better (not been here so missed all poorlyness) - nice to have a good GP isn't it? My last one, the one that misdiagnosed dd, went to a drying-out clinic .

at her asking for her clothes. Bless.

Jimjams Fri 27-May-05 09:04:21

wow nice asking fo's dd.

glad you have a good gp now- mine has gone off on long term sick which is a bit worrying...

tamum Fri 27-May-05 09:51:35

That's great on both counts fio

Fio2 Fri 27-May-05 11:42:26

it wasnt Dr Singh was it Potty?

jimjams, i hope you havea good replacement <fingers crossed>

the asking for clothes was still only single words, but it was poiinting to bottom half and saying skirt and pointing to top half saying t-shirt. I think she is trying to keep up with her brother as he keeps dressing himself before he comes down to wake us up in a morning

Potty1 Fri 27-May-05 16:59:24

No Fio it wasn't - is he another one who neded drying out then . I know it must be a stressful job but it's a bit much. We did laugh though 'cos he went in a couple of weeks after doing dh's vasectomy. PMSL!!!

Fio2 Fri 27-May-05 17:43:55

LMAO Potty

Davros Fri 27-May-05 19:47:53

Excellent news about the asking for her clothes, yippee! I agree about a good GP, I've been very lucky with all of the Drs at our surgery, one is even an old friend who has gone back to work and has a son with ASD! They will always rush us through if we ask and will come to visit. Its less necessary these days I must say

jmb1964 Fri 27-May-05 23:36:42

...., even!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: