Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Too much information!

(5 Posts)
Jayzmummy Thu 26-May-05 23:53:13

J asked me a question today about sex.

We have two female rabbits and they are constantly humping each other....he asked me why the rabbits were bouncing on each other and I tried to explain that they were feeling like they would want to have babies but because they are both girls they cant make a baby.

The sex ed part started then....not that he was fully grasping what I was trying to exlain. he asked if mummy and daddy bounce together .

I told him that when people really love each other they want to get close to each other and he said "Too much information mum" and tottered away. I sat in the garden tittering to myself and thinking how my wee man is growing up.

He returned and then asked if he will get close to someone one day, will he have babies too....I told him that I was sure one day he would meet someone who would love him just as much as I do and that he would have babies if he wanted.

"Ergh no mum....I would rather ride my bike....too much information mum". This left me tittering again but also feeling slightly saddened that maybe he will never find that special person to love him.

Hubby came home tonight and was telling me about a rather sordid incident at work and I told hubby that he was giving "Too much information".

J ran into the kitchen and stood jumping up and down saying "I know that,I know that" over and over again. Hubby asked J what he knew and he said "I know how to say too much information". Hubby asked J if he knew what it meant and J just stood there and shrugged his shoulders...he didnt know.

It just brought home to me how much J's language has come on over the past few weeks...but also showed me how much he is echoing what he hears around the home and doesnt understand what he is saying. Its left me feeling very blue.

huggybear Fri 27-May-05 00:19:42

i dont know anything about J but just wanted to say that he sounds delightful

hub2dee Fri 27-May-05 00:20:35

He's obviously been reading mumsnet.

PMSL !

OK. Bed. Night.

jenkins88 Fri 27-May-05 00:30:09

Sorry I'm new here and don't know how old J is or if he's been dx'd. He sounds like a great kid though. I would have giggled too if my DS had said something like that. I know what you mean about worrying about finding a partner when they get older. At the moment I'm worrying about him fitting in when he starts nursery. He also does the echoing thing although most of the time you can only understand what he says if he says it right after you, but he has no understanding of what any of it means either. Hope you feel better tomorrow

Fio2 Fri 27-May-05 08:05:37

Aw Jayzmummy, i know its difficulkt, you poor thing He does sound wonderful though

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: