Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

having a warm and fuzzy moment 'bout DD1 [smile]

(4 Posts)
r3dh3d Fri 14-Aug-09 21:20:56

DD1 is having a storming couple of weeks. Gawd knows what is happening with the subclinical seizures but it's one of those times where you see a tiny glimpse of the child she really is/might have been. We have had:

- sort of social play. I pretend to eat her nose. She smiles. Big win. HUGE. Can't tell you what progress that is!
- semi-meaningful noises. She sort of hoots her name when she is hungry. Maybe it's co-incidence; because there's no copying and so little understanding it's hard to tell, but it seems like she's saying <DD1>.
- near-echoing of her "happy noise". When she's happy she "clicks" like a horsey clip-clop sound with her tongue. She's recently noticed me doing it too (only took 3 or 4 years hmm) and is getting into almost-conversations. I'm still doing most of the work, but sometimes she seems to be responding.
- generalising signs. She has a "food" sign that she uses at the table when hungry. She seems to be using it in a more general sense atm. If I show her her toothbrush and say "DD1 brushing teeth" she signs "food" because it goes in her mouth. And the other day I took something away that she was chewing (but shouldn't!) and she signed "YES! Food! Food! YES YES YES!".

It's all very small stuff. But she has been exploring the garden (voluntarily, rather than screaming till you take her indoors and stick her in front of the telly) and when we put her in the buggy she seems to be squeaking at passers-by and all sorts. OK she has also been eating the garden hmm and if given free rein would presumably eat passers-by but she's actually interested.

Dear God I love my little girl when she's like this. grin. I know it can't last and the curtains will come down again soon enough and I will lose her again. sadBut while it lasts it is fabulous. Makes it all worth while. [nauseatingly dreamy smiley]

Phoenix4725 Fri 14-Aug-09 21:37:37

grin so pleased for you

Frasersmum123 Fri 14-Aug-09 21:51:58

Brilliant news

anonandlikeit Fri 14-Aug-09 22:34:53

What a beautiful post, long may it last xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now