Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

thank you sn board but

(223 Posts)
2shoes Fri 14-Aug-09 10:21:41

I won't be posting about dd on here or the teen board(will still keep an eye out for any where I can advise though) this whole Daily Mail thing has made me feel very unsafe. some of the issues I would be talking about soon will make me very Identifiable, so I will stick to TTR and SKINUK where it is safer.

siblingrivalry Fri 14-Aug-09 10:41:29

I feel the same way,2shoes, so I don't blame you at all. It's such a shame tho, because we have so little support already in RL -this board has been a lifeline for me and many others.

2shoes Fri 14-Aug-09 11:01:34

don't foget TTR
mshadowsisfab@yahoo.co.uk

5inthebed Fri 14-Aug-09 11:14:50

That really is a shame 2shoes. Your advice has always been greatfully received.

I'll have to start using TTR again.

busybeingmum Fri 14-Aug-09 11:46:49

Message withdrawn

2shoes Fri 14-Aug-09 11:54:10

it isn't the "sn posters" that I don't trust, but the thought of something I write about dd being used either to bump up a newspaper crap article or to win a row on a thread, worries me and has done for a while.

LilyOfTheMountain Fri 14-Aug-09 12:04:17

Keep in touch 2shoes

except you dont know who I am

which is why name changing is a PITA

Quite fancy the look of raisingkids you know.........

LilyOfTheMountain Fri 14-Aug-09 12:05:33

Think SKITUK may be finally about to get a new member too.

Sad though

busybeingmum Fri 14-Aug-09 12:33:47

Message withdrawn

Phoenix4725 Fri 14-Aug-09 12:56:36

think I to will keep anything that has potential to come back and bite me hard on the arse on timetorant to .

will still post general stuff but so dot want find myself quoted on anything

Yurtgirl Fri 14-Aug-09 13:03:52

I feel the same
One or both of my children have SEN. Im not a regular poster on the SEN threads and not a mega poster elsewhere on MN really - but if my story was to be quoted in the DM I would be easy enough to identify

And that is annoying me big time
I am really annoyed at the DM, the journo who is doing this and MN for sanctioning it

swineofthetimes Fri 14-Aug-09 13:26:35

Sorry, missed this. What DM article?

SparklyGothKat Fri 14-Aug-09 17:42:26

i rarely post on here but my sn story would make me very indentifiable too, so won't be posting anymore

WetAugust Fri 14-Aug-09 17:49:08

I came here because Raisingkids was broadcasting every thread on Twitter - to the extent that the editorial team even changed thread titles to make them more 'appealing' to twitter community.

I'm bothered about the DM too. Perhaps the answer is to sick to a specaist board that doesn't collude with lazy journalists - and that's what scraping your copy from another source is - lazy angry

But that would be a shame as I enjoy other sections of this site in addition to SNs.

Could MN Team please guarantee that any SN postings could be made 'out of bounds' to lazy DM (can't bring myself to use the word journalist) angry

Yurtgirl Fri 14-Aug-09 17:56:34

I second your request wetaugust - but only if my faveourite topic on MN can be out of bounds to the DM as well (HE) which seems unlikely so.............

Blasted DM - Im thinking it might be best just never to post anything personal ever again (unless with a name change) which rather defeats the object of MN really angry

r3dh3d Fri 14-Aug-09 17:56:59

I think it's a huge shame. I'm persona non grata on SKUK and I'm not very good at following stuff on TTR - the format confuses me. But I can't disagree with anyone wanting to give it a break.

It will blow over though, I think. No journalist can make an entire career out of rehashing a website, at some point she'll find some new victims ideas and move on.

WetAugust Fri 14-Aug-09 18:07:34

I see that all the other threads that mention the DM issue have been censored or blanked out now.

What is Big Mother playing at?

Will this thread be removed next - this is NOT the spirit of this discussion board - this is censorship and that is totally unacceptable.

r3dh3d Fri 14-Aug-09 18:30:20

No, there's at least one running. here. I think the original one bust its 1,000 post limit and dropped off the MN cliff.

busybeingmum Fri 14-Aug-09 18:37:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sarah293 Fri 14-Aug-09 18:47:31

Message withdrawn

Goblinchild Fri 14-Aug-09 18:49:37

Yup, the first thread went to about 1010 posts and that's why a new one started up.

WetAugust Fri 14-Aug-09 19:04:35

r3dh3d the link takes you to a page where 200+ posts have been blanked out.

As I said - censorship of any criticism of Big Mother

I bet theat MN has sold the postings to the DM - that would explain it angry

Greensleeves Fri 14-Aug-09 19:05:34

stop this "big mother" shit, it's NOT helpful

sarah293 Fri 14-Aug-09 19:10:02

Message withdrawn

silverfrog Fri 14-Aug-09 19:12:11

haha!

One of the posts deleted on that thread was mine, and I think it was deleted because it mentioned the journo's old mumsnet name.

so, misquoting others is fine, misattributing quotes is fine,
writing about a personal, identifiable situation is fine,

but having her RL name linked to a posting name she no longer uses is NOT ok.

rightio.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now