Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Anyone esle have a escapologist ??

(4 Posts)
GlastonburyGoddess Thu 13-Aug-09 20:41:22

Pulling my hair out with ds1, thought we had all bases covered with locks on all the doors, shed, gate etc

today he took it a step further, climbing onto the garden shed, onto the wall and jumped approx 12-15ft down into the front garden, and was gone...

could not beleive it. hes 5 by the way.

any experienes/tips/thoughts to share?

lou031205 Fri 14-Aug-09 08:35:11

bump smile

GlastonburyGoddess Fri 14-Aug-09 14:27:05

Today so far hes been extremely difficult. Ive had to put him time out about 15 times, for swearing, hitting etc etc

earlier this morning his behaviour was so volatile I removed everything from his room bar his+brothers beds for his own safetyshockhe still moved the bed and blocked the door with it, but I just ignored and him came out once he calmed down.

Have been back on the phone with paed this morning who said to ring family liason officer, they rang me and we talked about the possibility of seeing a dietician to investigate possible food intolerances etc also talked about going for a private diagnosis. camhs said yesterday they would ring me next week after speaking to family liason.

I did ask dr to refer to camhs but she wouldnt as "waiting list approx 6 months+ services overlap with what pead does so no point as paed already involved with ds1"

Im shocked by that response by her as many people on here seem to be seeing both camhs and paedhmm

Lauree Fri 14-Aug-09 17:22:53

Sounds like you are having a horrible day. I've no advice to offer just some solidarity, although my DS (5 also) not so agile thank goodness.

I put a wristband on him from http://www.identifyyourself.com/ and he can't get it off. with his name, meds, and my mobile number.

i hope you get the help you need soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now