Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Extended Breastfeeding with SN toddler - Any experience of this?

(3 Posts)
DJAngel Wed 12-Aug-09 23:55:16

Just thought of another thing. Still breastfeeding dd2 3.5

Does anyone think she'll self wean or haven't I a hope in hells chance that this will happen. I know most kids will self wean between 3 and 4 but what about a child that has learning disability?

It's not very often but is at times quite tiresome and inconvenient. I am ambivalent about it and in many situations in hospital it's been a godsend and I love that she and I end everyday ( however stressed it's been ) in a calm and loving nurturing way. I just hope she might choose herself to slowly stop..

Anyway, I'd welcome any experiences of this?

sadminster Thu 13-Aug-09 11:22:07

my ds (?ASD) is nearly 3 & breastfeeding - he was weaned at 2.2 yrs but started feeding again when dd2 was born. tbh I'm finding it exhausting but can't face the trauma of weaning him yet.

DJAngel Thu 13-Aug-09 15:16:01

Oh blimey sadminster you must be tandem feeding then? Very exhausting. It's the trauma I can't face either. She won't be able to understand why this is no longer available and as it seems such a comfort for her then it feels cruel to withhold it, but it is so tiring. I'll just have to wait and hope for now.. Thanks for your reply!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now