Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Info on Gluten and Milk free diet

(10 Posts)
mummy2aaron Tue 11-Aug-09 20:31:36

Ds2 has autism and from birth had cows milk intolerance - when he was around 1 the doc said to reintroduce - i did and there were no obvious problems but now i am wondering about it. also with certain types of bread he has terrible diahorrea. i was wondering whether to trail cutting them out and see if there is any difference in behaviour.

is it a good or bad idea.

if good is there any reading material i can get that anyone could recommend?

thanks

lukeysmummy Tue 11-Aug-09 22:29:02

you will need tocut out one thing at a time to try and work out which thing it is
i cant offer any reading material as my dd was milk intolerant but i was just left to sor of get on with it and she didnt eeat alot she just lived of the prescription milk

mummy2aaron Wed 12-Aug-09 16:24:23

Gosh i remember you we used to talk on ebay. I will start with the milk, thanks xx

lukeysmummy Wed 12-Aug-09 16:53:00

i was just looking at your name arent you the later who lives in stockport who had a little girl hubby went golfing alot

lukeysmummy Wed 12-Aug-09 16:53:22

sorry lady not later im soo tired my eyes hurt

mummy2aaron Thu 13-Aug-09 17:31:13

Yes i have 2 boys now 10 and 6 and a little girl age 4 but i think i was just pg with her when i last spoke to you xx

lukeysmummy Thu 13-Aug-09 18:28:44

yes you were i remeber you having her what a small world it is
email me direct for a chat sometime

lornadale@aol.com

waitingforgodot Thu 13-Aug-09 19:09:45

Hi mummy2aaron. I have recently changed my DS's diet and swapped cows milk for goats milk and also swapped normal bread for gluten and wheat free bread (from Tesco). It has made a big difference already to his behaviour. (he is also ASD but no dx )

mummy2aaron Sun 16-Aug-09 16:15:08

thanks lorna i will

wfg i am glad you said that lol - big shop tomorrow and i need to get lots in for ds - will let you know how it goes.

sodit Sun 16-Aug-09 17:23:18

hi ds1 has goats milk but still has cheese and yoghurt but he is on gf and 6 months done the line he is a totally different boy. The first few weeks though were bad but stick at it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now