Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

toilet training

(6 Posts)
Phoenix4725 Tue 11-Aug-09 09:38:40

Am trying to toilet train ds 4 with GDD also non verbal .At home hes not doing to bad when in pants has maybe one or 2 accident in the day but find I am havng to make him go as he does not go himself or see to care if there wet less i say oh yuck you wet while changing him.

Anyone got any idears on how to go forwards.He wears pull up when we go out and will wee away in it but sometimes if can find a toilet he will go

5inthebed Tue 11-Aug-09 11:12:20

Have you tried taking him out not wearing a pull up? I was doing the same with ds2, pull up when out, but just went for it one day and he managed really well.

Keep asking him if he needs the toilet, take him to it if neccessary.

Best of luck with it.

Phoenix4725 Tue 11-Aug-09 11:31:26

its the hassle trying find a toiletworry about on Friday was train to London and no way could moved findatoilet as it was packed people sitting on floors but yur riht think just need to go for it

am also wondering way to keep ds chair dry

5inthebed Tue 11-Aug-09 11:44:12

Wheelchair or mac major? You can buy something called a piddle pad. Ebay listings. Really good to use.

Phoenix4725 Tue 11-Aug-09 12:41:26

wheelchair , will golook thank you

ReallyReally Tue 11-Aug-09 12:46:03

Cloth nappies are much better for toilet training because they can feel they are wet; are you using disposables atm?

the minki lady (www.minkinappies.co.uk) cloth nappy sellers will make cloth pull-ups to order for sn children if you email her and tell you what you need; she did me some

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now