Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

chloe ended up in hospital again yesterday!

(20 Posts)
trace2 Tue 11-Aug-09 07:44:03

every little thing knock her for six we think she as an infection but not tolerated any feeds in 13 hours and getting dehydrated again i think she will be out this morning though and i had to stop here with ds who AS and dh stopped with chloe i hate being away from here at home am her night carer but ds as his routines and just wont stop with dh.

am getting so tired of every little thing her getting it worse than every body and ending up in hospital, could there be a reason for this?

Phoenix4725 Tue 11-Aug-09 07:57:43

sorry to hear it.Have they looked at her immune system?.IGa and IGG

trace2 Tue 11-Aug-09 08:01:34

no i dont think so but she so tiny and week she only weighs 22lb at 2years and 3 months

Phoenix4725 Tue 11-Aug-09 08:10:31

ask them next she has blood test if can do .DD was the same simple things would hospitliase her .Waswnot till she was 2.6 and I begged my sons paed to have a look at her .He took one look at her file and say something not right and loh and behold turns out she hardly has immune system and was using all he engery to fight infection instead of growing.

She now 17kg at 6 so is still on tiny side but so much better

trace2 Tue 11-Aug-09 08:12:33

will do going soon

mummytopebs Tue 11-Aug-09 08:29:26

My dd is 4.6 and only weighs 24lb she has had a lot of infections and hospital stays, she has just started to fight things a bit better but up to the age of 4 was a nightmare. She has had all the immunity tests so ask for them to put your mind at ease, my dd's were all clear not big problems detected she just picks up everything cos she cant fihgt things. She got put a small dose of trimethprim every day which really helped her, this is usually for urine infections but can be used as a barrier to ward off over infections, she was on this for 2 years and has just come off it in May and fingers crossed no significant infections yet.

trace2 Tue 11-Aug-09 08:48:54

chloe only just come off trimethprim a few months ago because always getting infections from birth and had a kidney reflux test but that was clear so took her of med for it

Phoenix4725 Tue 11-Aug-09 09:18:58

dd takes azithromax for hers regulary, but with her its catching things quickly that makes the differance

trace2 Tue 11-Aug-09 13:43:30

we home they wont do tests as say its because she small we still waiting for some resluts of wee tests though.

mummytopebs Tue 11-Aug-09 20:49:45

I would question why they wont do tests. We had a paeditrician at a localn hospital who wasent doing much so went bacl to gp who referred us to hospital in Leeds who agreed to do the tests. They were the ones who put her on constant trimepthiprim (her local paeditrician had never even heard of this been used to fight infections before they occur). Even if they all come back negative at least you will know

Phoenix4725 Wed 12-Aug-09 05:23:52

yeah it not hard to do , but i did encounter same problem to.Can you ask for referal to immunlogist?

trace2 Wed 12-Aug-09 16:51:48

wew been back today chloe is now only taking 100 ml of neocate in her feeding tube, she is losing so much weight if still same friday shes back in but they no idea what else we can do, to top it of they have equipment to feed her with no luner lock tubes we getting worred we may lose her.

TotalChaos Wed 12-Aug-09 18:46:44

sorry you are still so worried as chloe isn't eating enough. hope she's better soon.

bubblagirl Wed 12-Aug-09 18:52:04

only just spotted your thread im so sorry your going through this worrying time i really hope they find whats causing this and she can have speedy recovery have no wise words to give but send lots of hugs to you both x

PeachyLaPeche Wed 12-Aug-09 18:52:19

Trace <<hugs>>

Please kep us updated with how she is (when you can of course)

Thinking of you all

feelingbetter Wed 12-Aug-09 19:06:14

Oh I do hope she is better soon sad
It is awful when they are not eating on top of all the other worries.

trace2 Wed 12-Aug-09 19:10:12

thank you all she is back down to 20lb now to

TotalChaos Fri 14-Aug-09 13:02:22

how's things going today? hope you haven't had to take her back in

trace2 Fri 14-Aug-09 13:43:37

no just started her back on half strength milk and she as took two 30ml so keeping fingers crossed she can tolerate it but not really know till she on full strength tomorrow. thank you for asking i will keep you imformed !!

PheasantPlucker Fri 14-Aug-09 16:39:57

Hope things stay OK today for you both

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now