Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

My son who has A.S. can do this

(17 Posts)
mumslife Mon 10-Aug-09 20:23:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Marne Mon 10-Aug-09 20:25:53

Dd1 has finally sat on the toilet without her plastic trainer seat, we have been trying for 2 years to get her to do it grin. She's 5.5.

Well done to your DS.

I would like to see dd1 try some different foods in the future (she's very fussy).

Goblinchild Mon 10-Aug-09 20:34:27

He's worn an olive green top this summer, instead of black or navy.
He coped with sleeping a night in a Youth Hostel communal dorm with two blokes he didn't know. And me in the female dorm.
He hasn't hit anyone since February.
I remember the joy of him moving onto adult mild mint toothpaste when he was 11, rather than baby strawberry!

siblingrivalry Mon 10-Aug-09 20:39:38

Wow, mumslife, that's great. We are still on strawberry flavoured toothpaste -dd is 8. We live in hope!

DD now lets me wash her hair sometimes without screaming and crying.smile

Deeeja Mon 10-Aug-09 22:39:49

My 6 year old has started eating lettuce. grin

mumslife Tue 11-Aug-09 07:38:00

asdx2 Tue 11-Aug-09 07:55:27

Lucy 6 ate a piece of seaside rock her first ever sweet at 6.
Jack slept through the night for the first time since he was born 14 years ago. It hasn't happened since but I treasure that one night.

mumslife Tue 11-Aug-09 11:20:17

sodit Tue 11-Aug-09 18:01:47

ds1 (almost 3) in the last week has eaten peas, broccoli, lettuce and tomato which he would not even touch let alone eaten and today he ate a FISH PIE shock. He has dressed up as a fairy to do the hoovering and as a builder to make tea.

5inthebed Tue 11-Aug-09 18:16:33

DS2 used the hand drier after washing his hands the other week. He now insists on going to the toilet wherever we go, asks for the hand dryer but runs screaming from the toilet as if there was a bear chasing him hmm

He ate a pork chop tonight, without a question asked! Actually, I tell a lie, he licked it more than ate it, but it is a start!

Marne Tue 11-Aug-09 20:22:12

5inthebed- thats great, dd still wont go near a drier and wont touch any food that needs chewing (meat).

5inthebed Tue 11-Aug-09 22:01:43

DS2 was really bad with hand driers, so much so that we had to use the disabled toilets when we were out just incase someone was using it while he was usuing the toilet.

He'll eat meat if you tell him it's chicken, but he is getting a little bit wise to that!

sadminster Tue 11-Aug-09 22:54:14

ds said garden (to be let into the garden), then asked for a ride in the wheelbarrow (pointing) grin

brokenspacebar Wed 12-Aug-09 00:07:51

my ds still has a fear of hand driers... but we got rid of the potty this month! (he is 5yrs old), and he has camped twice this year, once at a music festival! Last year we gave up after a day, because he refused to pee, it was very stressful, I cannot believe how much he as changed in a year, so lovely, after what felt like two very hard years.

Marne Wed 12-Aug-09 09:36:38

This is a lovely thread, great to hear how well all your DC's are doing.

Dd1 stayed away from home last night (at her grandads) for the first time, i can't wait to pick her up, she was so excited about staying somewhere else for the night.

5inthebed Wed 12-Aug-09 16:37:07

Hope she has had a lovely time Marne. I am slowly building up DS2 for a stop over his grandads. He has never stopped out since 2006! MY dad is going to have DS1 as well, and with a bit of luck, my mam will have ds3. I am so excited, an undisturbed lie in!

mumslife Thu 13-Aug-09 21:56:59

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now