Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Mum's IgG causes autism!

(13 Posts)
PipinJo Mon 10-Aug-09 11:44:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kitkatqueen Tue 11-Aug-09 01:46:54

here

misscutandstick Wed 12-Aug-09 09:49:08

OMG its my fault!!!!

I have had numerous allergies getting worse over the years - and DS5 is by far the most 'autistic-y' of them all.

HOWEVER

my allergies did not start until AFTER i had DS1, he was 6wks old when i first started reacting to stuff, coincidence??? i think not!

CONCLUSION

actually its DS1's fault that DS5 is autistic grin grin grin

troutpout Wed 12-Aug-09 13:00:38

Oh i blardy knew it would come back to me in the end (severe nut allergy/asthma/hayfever)
wink
Actually No!..If pil's (and dh to some extent) aren't on the spectrum i will eat my blardy hat!

I therefore refuse to believe this theory
grin

Marne Wed 12-Aug-09 14:35:47

Dh and i have no allergies so this wouldn't apply to our case, i'm not sure what to believe anymore as you read so many stories.

PipinJo Wed 12-Aug-09 15:14:35

saintlydamemrsturnip Wed 12-Aug-09 18:02:20

I went to a presentation on this at IMFAR last year.

Now iirc (and it was a while ago so I may be mixing this model with another similar one), there was also a model where you have the maternal exposure during pregnancy to eg a virus giving an immune response. And then this was followed by another environmental trigger to the developing infant which triggered the regression. According to the presenter this trigger could include 'the dreaded vaccines' (his words) but could be other environmental factors too, or another viral exposure etc.

saintlydamemrsturnip Wed 12-Aug-09 18:10:35

Oh and PipinJo- good to run into you. I heard at the end of last week that ds1 has been referred to a paediatric neurologist (!!) - I think on the strength of that email from the guy in Cambridge. Hoorah.

Supposedly to look at metabolic disorders, but because of the movements it looks as if they'll be looking at epilepsy too.

PipinJo Wed 12-Aug-09 18:14:00

PeachyLaPeche Wed 12-Aug-09 18:16:15

Another thinking its guaranteed to be my fault (kindly DH gave me a snog and said shut up LOL)

I had minor reactions pre babies but my milk issues gotreally abd with ds1,as Dh said its not a coincidence that ds1 and ds3 are casein intol and asd.

DS4 is casein intol though wioth no signs of asd yet.... will be interesting to see what happens, he'd gf, cf, MMR f, etc etc etc- if he gets a let offcard someow we've lucked out on the trigger

HecatesTwopenceworth Wed 12-Aug-09 18:19:05

I must be thick blush because I didn't really understand that. Is it saying that a mother with allergies creates something that causes autism?

both my children have autism. I'm allergic to erythromycin, ciprofloxacin, kiwi fruit and hairy caterpillars!

PeachyLaPeche Wed 12-Aug-09 18:20:26

(We are the only family I know of BTW where the Paed has included a mention of our genetics in the letter of dx fro ds3- my family ahs some obvious ASD'sin the mix (all at AS level)and dh's family ahs depressions, OCD, and possibly other issues in there such as auto immune stuff)

Now wasn't there something on auto immune disor4ders and pre eclampsia? MILhad it, I had it, both of my sisters had it

Frankly, ds's stood no chance did they?

PipinJo Wed 12-Aug-09 18:30:18

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now