Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Really Worried about dd

(1 Post)
jules39 Wed 25-May-05 15:30:11

I have posted on Mumsnet in the past and found it very helpful. I now have a few concerns about my 4 yr old dd, she has been seeing the paediatrician for her development delay and speech and language difficulties over the last 2 years, they tested her for a number of things which all came back negative, so they have basically said she has global development delay.

She is also under CAMHS for her behaviour and obsessive traits. She has been getting unwell quite a lot over the last 6 months or so, apart from the odd kids problems of ear infections, coughs and colds, but over easter weekend she had two fits in the space of 2 days and was in hospital for 4 days. Since then she has had a further 2 fits, 2 with a fever and 2 without. She is having an EEG at Gt Ormond St next Tuesday and i'm really worried as I dread to think what they're going to tell me. They prescribed buccal midazelam when the fits last more than 5 mins, this seems to help and bring her out of the fit after about 10 mins.

If there's any mums on mumsnet with similar experiences would be good to hear from you.

Sorry to have gone on by the way.

Jules

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now