Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Bedwettind and Melatonin

(4 Posts)
DEMissmiling Fri 07-Aug-09 14:00:31

I wanted to ask if anyone had any experience of melatonin set night time potty training backwards in those learning or learnt the art of not bedwetting.

we have just start working towards dry nights but also hoping to use melatonin in not to distant future. Was wandering if it would be better just to leave ds(41/2) in nappies

TIA

tibni Fri 07-Aug-09 14:34:39

ds (ASD) has been dry at night from before he was 4. He started melatonin recently aged 8 and we have had no problems - even though he is sleeping for much longer.

staryeyed Fri 07-Aug-09 14:35:02

strangely enough DS1 has started pooing in his nappy in bed since he has taken melatonin. Either he is doing this as he is waiting to go to sleep or when he is actually sleeping. He didnt do this pre melatonin days. However DS PICA has gone mad at the moment- he constantly eats carpet and tissue and carboard so this may have something to do with it.

DEMissmiling Fri 07-Aug-09 19:23:39

So the big question is do i stick with trying to dry night train or am i going to be wasting my time?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now