Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

SN families on the news

(7 Posts)
Jayzmummy Wed 25-May-05 10:59:11

at 12.30pm on ITV lunchtime news. Specail feature about families of children with SN who have had problems with social services.

misdee Wed 25-May-05 11:00:49

do u kow i have been waiting over 10 days for an OT to call about a home assessment fgor dh. making me angry. i called again on monday and someone should've called me back quickly as we are urgent (due to the fact dh could die at any given moment) and they still havent called back.

misdee Wed 25-May-05 11:14:33

just called tham again. getting peed off. it took them over a month last year to return calls about us needing to move. by that point i had done it all myself.

AliceInWonderland Wed 25-May-05 11:37:27

We have had a social worker now since December, core assessment and care plan agreed 2months ago, SW is now hard to get hold of, referrals for respite are still in process, we have a care plan but nothing has been initiated, and our referral to the OT was done 5 months ago, still no news ...

I do have sympathy for our SW, she is one of many that are overstretched too many caseloads and not enough SW's to cover them. They have to prioritise them, but as we are not a serious child protection case we are not a priority. I would just like her think that if the promised respite doesnt come off, then she might have a serious child protection case on her hands, as I might finally lose the plot and be carried off to the funny farm.

Fio2 Wed 25-May-05 11:42:16

we have heard NOTHING either

infact I am not even pissed off about it, she gave me some bullshit story about how they would help when i really was very down and tbh it did give me some relief just thinking about it. Oh balls, am dreading holidays though

Davros Wed 25-May-05 17:11:57

AIW, what I don't understand is that the Disabled Children's Team and Child Protection are different areas that can overlap, therefore there should be some funding and services for both (in theory!).

sparklymieow Wed 25-May-05 17:14:03

I am still waiting for SS OT to come and do a housing assessment been waiting 2 weeks......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now