Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

dyslexia

(3 Posts)
noskceb Tue 24-May-05 22:06:22

hi concerned mum who thinks her son is dyslexic anyone out there have any knowledge of this and how you get the school to bloody listen?(sad)

Jack1 Thu 23-Jun-05 22:04:10

How old is son, schools have a system of special needs, School action/ school action plus and statement you need to know if your son has an iep Ring your local LEA and ask for the special needs booklet and the phone number for the parent partnership.

The you can tackle the school. Knowledge is power unfortunately I have been doing this for three years now and wish i knew at the beginnging what i know now. They only tell you little bits at a time and it is a continual voyage of discovery.

ChocolateGirl Thu 23-Jun-05 22:11:52

noskceb

I have no personal experience of dyslexia but have read a few books on how to teach children to read (because I am teaching my son) and have posted on the Dyslexia thread in Education about five minutes ago.

I don't know if the info will be of any help to you and I don't know how to do a link to the post but it is there if anything I have to say might be of any value to you...

best wishes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now