Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

overwhelmed (pitiful)

(7 Posts)
sadminster Wed 05-Aug-09 19:26:08

The appointments are starting to fill our week - portage, audiology, optometry, SALT, first paeds appointment a week tomorrow, ABA consultant, BIBIC. I just want to take ds & run away

I don't know that I can manage any of this - I must be completely insane to think we can run a home programme with no money & two other children around. I still don't know what to think about PECS. I want life to go back to before all of this.

staryeyed Wed 05-Aug-09 19:36:27

Dont burn yourself out. It wont always be this way but please pace yourself. I know you probably wont listen becsause I didnt when people said the same to me but I completely burnt myself out by doing everything at 100 miles an hour.

staryeyed Wed 05-Aug-09 19:37:01

PECS is great by the way. BIBIC is good too.

coppertop Wed 05-Aug-09 19:47:16

Sadminster

If it helps any, the number of appointments goes down a lot after the initial pre/post diagnosis stage. At one point it felt like there was something every week. These days it's more like once or twice a year.

TotalChaos Wed 05-Aug-09 19:59:32

sorry it's all so difficult right now. audiology and optometry will I imagine be the easy ones, and will not be regular fixtures, just leaving you with the grind with SALT etc.

PipinJo Wed 05-Aug-09 20:43:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sarah293 Thu 06-Aug-09 07:36:48

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now