Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I thought it had stopped - how wrong I could be....

(5 Posts)
lou031205 Wed 05-Aug-09 15:52:09

DD1 used to scream & cry everytime Tweenies finished. Heart-rending stuff, extreme. But it stopped.

We found a 'Barney' DVD yesterday. She gets hysterical when it finishes. "Gone. Stop! It's gone"... I have just put it on for seriously about the 10th time today. As it starts she says the same thing ("Not outside one"). It is draining... the same 30 minutes over and over again.

FioFioFio Wed 05-Aug-09 16:24:32

god you poor soul! I cannot think of anything worse than Barney either. What were you thinking of?

bubblagirl Wed 05-Aug-09 16:40:24

i sympaphise with you we got bear in the big blue house and magic key as they could be played continuous and then worked on with turning it off he needed to end it himself rather than have it end as he was in control now his 4 and really not bothered by it at all

i love barney his become my ds best friend at mo we love imagination island i know it all the way through lol

lou031205 Wed 05-Aug-09 17:32:49

She has never set eyes on Barney, so thought she would watch it, go ho hum, move on. Not so. "Little girl, my little girl. Where little girl gone?!" (Annoying little American girl with hair in bunches singing a song to her teddy bear for 5 minutes about 10 minutes in. We hear the distressed cry of DD1 for the rest of the programme). Value for money? Nooooo grin

TotalChaos Wed 05-Aug-09 17:59:33

oh god, Barney. dearie me. my DS also has a fondness for the dreaded shite-o-saur. if it's not even buying you peace while it's on, I'ld just hide it/charity shop and try and encourage something less annoying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now