Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

SN trike or bike or car.. ride on toy

(10 Posts)
SleepyJess Tue 24-May-05 18:16:33

Does anyone know where I can get one of the above and/or help with funding, as I know they cost a few hundred! DS's birthday is next month.. he is 5.. and I know he would love something he could ride on in the garden. His legs are weka but he has lots of upper body strength and loves vehicles of all kinds.

I had been promised some info by a local online SN group andhave chased them up twice but no joy and Ds's birthday is fast approaching (18th June).

Would be grateful if anyone has any experience they could share of getting hold of these toys.

SJ x

lou33 Tue 24-May-05 18:27:48

i saw a seciond hand trike advertised for sale in the bobath centre on the parents board today, almost new. I could look out for it on thurs when i am next there if you like? Dh is going tomorrow but he won't remember to jot it down.

SleepyJess Tue 24-May-05 18:40:00

Yes please Lou. Can you remember how much it was?

SJ x

Fio2 Tue 24-May-05 18:42:51

sleepyjess I dont want to appear stalkerish but my friend lives in your town and she has two kids with SN and there is a local charity which is really good, she is giving me the no. and I will pass it on to you HTH

lou33 Tue 24-May-05 18:46:22

no sorry i will have a look tho and cat you

lou33 Tue 24-May-05 18:47:02

where do you live sj?

SleepyJess Tue 24-May-05 19:30:08

Faversham, Kent. Are you unfeasibly far away?

SJ x

lou33 Tue 24-May-05 21:15:43

i think the trike would be in london, will check.

anniebear Tue 24-May-05 21:25:36

is a couple on here

http://www.triaid.com/tricycles.html

Davros Tue 24-May-05 22:27:14

Lou, have CAT you, could meet on Thurs maybe? (also stalkerish)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now