Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

How has your morning been?

(12 Posts)
sadminster Tue 04-Aug-09 07:45:31

DS was with the CM yesterday, he had a really good day (didn't speak but very vocal, interacted well, initiated games, tried new foods & fed himself) and was lovely when he got home (very happy to see us all, cuddles, watched Mr Tumble, lots of words & signs). THEN he didn't go to sleep until 10pm & he woke constantly through the night, finally getting up at 6am.

He has refused to eat or drink anything this morning & has sat in front of the TV moaning until I put a video on. DH has taken him for a walk to try and break the shitty mood - he had a huge tantrum about putting a jacket on (I don't think they'll get far because he hates the rain). DD has colic & is screaming. I have portage coming again today (last week didn't go well) but I'll be stuck at home on my own all day apart from that.

I can't see today going well.

anonandlikeit Tue 04-Aug-09 10:15:26

Poor you Sadminster, ds2 (6) can often be similar after a very good day. Its as if he uses all his energy into being good (wrong phrase I know) that the following day he does nothing, literally nothing.
He ahsn't moved this morning he is still in his pants tightly wrapped in a blanket on the sofa, sniffing rubber, watching a war film.. his idea of a perfect day.
TBH, i havn't got much planned for the day & don't rate my chancces getting him to leave the house so, i'lll just leave him to it. Its his way of chilling out & meeting all his sensory needs.
ds2 also hasn't eaten or drunk anything today, he just kind of shuts down, but its actually not doing any of us any harm, I will try again at lunchtime.

sarah293 Tue 04-Aug-09 11:58:24

Message withdrawn

glitteryb6 Tue 04-Aug-09 12:09:04

not too bad compared to others i supppose but ds was up thru the night and at the crack of dawn again so think his drugs are needing adjusted, therfore me very sleepy!

Then the bigger vest harness for his car seat that we've been waiting months for finally came but they made him a vest harness for his Triton chair rather than his recaro car seat!
I wouldnt mind as its definately big enough to accomodate his expanding tummy but all the fixing straps are in the wrong place and instead of being black velour to match his car seat its been made to match his Triton chair with shiny blue fabric so would be ridiculously sweaty wrapped round him! hmm

Oh and then WS phoned to say they will be round sometime today to replace the two screws that are now missing from the bracket on the seat on his wheelchair cos the Bio engineer chap never tigtened them!

Therefore going out anywhere today has now been cancelled, dont know why they couldnt just have stuck two screws in the post, its hardly rocket science!

Woooozle100 Tue 04-Aug-09 12:24:07

not too bad. Some manic 3 am whooping which dh saw to

sorted out lunches / flushes / meds cos both dc at kids playscheme today. DH fed, dressed and took them. I got to work late so will need to stay late to get stuff done

Phoenix4725 Tue 04-Aug-09 14:24:03

3am wake up here and dd 6 nt is bouncing of walls with excitement as of to chessington tomorrow ds does not understand where or what it is but is feeding of his sister and to wet to chuck them out and waiting for phone call from physio so cant even go for walk in rain

misscutandstick Tue 04-Aug-09 20:03:34

we have been to pick up nappies from childrens disability team smile

DS4 (AS, 4.2y) has been granted them.

However the first lot, i swear to you all, could fit both me AND dh at the same time - they are mahuuuuusive! grin

We have now got the more reasonable 'pull up' type size.

Supportman Tue 04-Aug-09 20:14:38

Been trapsing round Londan all day and I am totally 100% worn out. My mindee had a nice time though and enjoyed the museum and all the sights. Off to a farm tomorrow so more walking, but not as much as today smile

Supportman Tue 04-Aug-09 20:15:52

Or London even.

sphil Tue 04-Aug-09 22:02:56

Horrible morning - DS1 bored out of his skin, DS2 watching wall-to-wall TV, then putting computer on and flitting between the two, me trying to do all house stuff with a thumping headache and constantly feeling guilty that I can't split myself into three parts: one (very patient) to play endless imaginative games with DS1, two (very energetic) to jump endlessly with DS2 and three (with octopus arms) to do the endless housework. Ended up yelling at DS1 and then feeling even more guilty.

Then went to a family afternoon at our local special school - the boys played, I got to chat with my friends and suddenly the interminable rain didn't matter any more.

wasuup3000 Wed 05-Aug-09 08:57:23

This morning-Just got back from taking hubby to work. Ds kept repeating something over and over all the way home and had an idiot driver up my a*&^ on country roads trying to overtake (he was middle aged too got a good look at him when he had a hard stare from me when he had to stop at lights-very surprised he didn't go through them on red though). So brain is addled already!

deepbreath Wed 05-Aug-09 14:55:57

Today, went to put dd's 4 week old AFO's on, and one has cracked at the back of the heel shock Have patched them up with some sellotape for now.

Took dh to work, then went to Sainsbury's. Clicked my neck/back lifting dd's wheelchair out of the car, cue me trying to curse quietly out of earshot of dd (6) and ds (7).

Now keeping an eye on dd because her chest is hurting... it might just be because her pectus excavatum dent is getting deeper but her heart has times when it races, and if it gets fast enough we'll have to get help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now