Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Travel insurance to cover epilepsy - help!!

(5 Posts)
fatzak Mon 03-Aug-09 09:28:23

We are going to France on Sunday and as I expected our annual policy doesn't cover DS and his epilepsy as he has been hospitalised this year. I called a company called Insurance to Go as recommended by the Epilepsy Action and even they won't cover him on their policy hmm They are going to call me back but i am imagining now that it is going to cost me £100s or we are not going to be able to get any at all.

Has anyone arranged any recently?

lou031205 Mon 03-Aug-09 09:49:02

www.the-insurance-surgery.co.uk/illness/epilepsy/insurance.php Have you tried here?

fatzak Mon 03-Aug-09 10:03:16

We've just got it with a company called All Clear. It was the question about whether DS loses consciousness that threw me and I think affected the first quote. Difficult to answer as he is usually asleep when he has them so I decided to answer no which I hope won't come back to bite me on bum if anything happens blush Got annual cover for £35 which I thought was pretty good.

lou031205 Mon 03-Aug-09 10:44:06

Well surely just because he currently doesn't lose consciousness doesn't mean he can't lose consciousness, so they will still need to cover him if he does lose consciousness due to a seizure. Redgardless, we have reciprocal health care arrangements with France.

fatzak Mon 03-Aug-09 13:28:16

Good point Lou smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: