Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Travel insurance to cover epilepsy - help!!

(5 Posts)
fatzak Mon 03-Aug-09 09:28:23

We are going to France on Sunday and as I expected our annual policy doesn't cover DS and his epilepsy as he has been hospitalised this year. I called a company called Insurance to Go as recommended by the Epilepsy Action and even they won't cover him on their policy hmm They are going to call me back but i am imagining now that it is going to cost me £100s or we are not going to be able to get any at all.

Has anyone arranged any recently?

lou031205 Mon 03-Aug-09 09:49:02

www.the-insurance-surgery.co.uk/illness/epilepsy/insurance.php Have you tried here?

fatzak Mon 03-Aug-09 10:03:16

We've just got it with a company called All Clear. It was the question about whether DS loses consciousness that threw me and I think affected the first quote. Difficult to answer as he is usually asleep when he has them so I decided to answer no which I hope won't come back to bite me on bum if anything happens blush Got annual cover for £35 which I thought was pretty good.

lou031205 Mon 03-Aug-09 10:44:06

Well surely just because he currently doesn't lose consciousness doesn't mean he can't lose consciousness, so they will still need to cover him if he does lose consciousness due to a seizure. Redgardless, we have reciprocal health care arrangements with France.

fatzak Mon 03-Aug-09 13:28:16

Good point Lou smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now