Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Pads/nappy older children with special needs

(16 Posts)
mulsey Wed 29-Jul-09 12:20:46

HI there,

my daughter is now 8 and just about outgrown the libero plus nappies. However, it appears that we now have to use a small ladies pad, like tena...but they just dont fit children!

Can you please tell me what you are given in your area for your kids, who still need pads?

Many thanks.....

SirSupportman Wed 29-Jul-09 13:36:58

In Kent most of the children that I work with who are still in nappies have the Molicare nappies and a few have the pull ups. Unless they are smaller, in which case they tend to have Libero or Fixies. They used to have Tena, but the PCT have just swapped over.

PheasantPlucker Wed 29-Jul-09 13:43:25

My 8 year old is quite small, so the Libero size 7s are given to her here. Not sure what happens next though

glitteryb6 Wed 29-Jul-09 14:13:21

i googled Molicare nappies to see what they looked like as ds will have this problem soon.
i strongly suggest you dont look at the youtube videos....very disturbing [shudder]
need to go wash my eyes with carbolic soap now! shock

Lauree Sun 02-Aug-09 22:19:40

DS is getting Tena nappies called 'Slips'. He's the size of an average 8 year old, and 'small' is plenty big enough. Got some medium ones delivered by mistake and they would've fitted my Dad. And he's a big man. can't even imagine how big 'large' would be! Must be intended for adults, but they're just like nappies. Hackney turned up trumps with these!

monstermansmum Tue 04-Aug-09 10:35:17

my ds is a large 8yo, more like 10yo really. He's in medium Tena extra absorbant. They are a lot bigger than the small but as they are not stretchy (like pampers) they were getting too tight. We have to tuck the excess in but they seem to be ok. y only problem now is that they are 'plastic'. Why cant we have breathable ones like babies have??

drlove8 Tue 04-Aug-09 12:37:26

i just had a visit from the "wee nurse",wink.... she was out to do the forms for the nappies dd4 was 4 last thursday, so will be getting these soon.... have never seen any of these so am worried now..... tena'son kids ? wtf? shock.... am away to google like glittery did grin

drlove8 Tue 04-Aug-09 12:52:54

shock shock shock .....ive just seen links no sane person should ever look at! eeewww! - there are people out there that wear them for fun ! shock shock shock.... i dont know whether to be want to gouge my eyes out now! ..... Glittery im holding you responsible wink grin

drlove8 Tue 04-Aug-09 12:54:20

im so shocked that i cant even type a cohearent sentence.blush

glitteryb6 Tue 04-Aug-09 21:14:45

Well i did warn you! grin

misscutandstick Wed 05-Aug-09 13:22:56

OMG have to google now!!!

misscutandstick Wed 05-Aug-09 13:37:58

oh dear lord that is disturbing!

misscutandstick Wed 05-Aug-09 13:44:14

we were given libero pull-up type things for DS4 (hes 4.2 & ASD) and they were mahuuuuusive!

Just looked and they are "night comfort" in sizes Medium 20- 37KG and Large 35-60kg. we have now been given 'up and go' variety and they fit much better. cant say much for the design tho hmm they look like a shops own type brand.

If anyone wants the larger ones, im happy to post them, may as well be used by someone.

Mitchell81 Wed 05-Aug-09 15:43:45

DD who is 8 gets and still fits into Pampers size 6. Been wearing the same size since we first started getting them at 3.

FioFioFio Wed 05-Aug-09 16:26:22

When you see stuff on youtube like that (and the pads being sold as fetish wear on ebay) it makes you wonder what kind of people might perve over these threads hmm <shudder>

But Marne your HA should be ordering you proper nappies or pull up pants

FioFioFio Wed 05-Aug-09 16:26:41

sorry not marne, mulsey blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now