Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Todays the day, dd2's Dx, here we go again...

(20 Posts)
Marne Wed 29-Jul-09 09:23:30

I have been waiting for this day for 1.5 years, i know what they are going to say and i have been here before with dd1 (AS). I'm not to worried as i know what they are going to say but last night i kept having night-mares about todays dx sad.

I know she has ASD and i know they are not going to say where she is on the spectrum as they say 'she is too young and may change a lot over the next year or two'. I just hate having to sit in a small room with people talking about dd2 and her problems. I just want it to be all over so i can get on with getting dd the help she needs.

Wish us luck.

cyberseraphim Wed 29-Jul-09 09:33:35

Good Luck - talking to professionals or seeing anything in writing is always terrible. I know it's important to describe the issues accurately but why does it have to be so negative.

lingle Wed 29-Jul-09 09:41:48

Good luck Marne.

sadminster Wed 29-Jul-09 09:55:56

Good luck Marne.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Wed 29-Jul-09 10:08:58

Good luck, I know how hard these appointments are.

lou031205 Wed 29-Jul-09 10:21:14

Good Luck, and remember to come and unload afterwards smile

sc13 Wed 29-Jul-09 10:33:29

Good luck and a hug

chinchi Wed 29-Jul-09 10:54:49

Good luck Marne.

Im new to these boards as DS had his diagnosis yesterday (CP).

Wishing you all the best

sc13 Wed 29-Jul-09 11:01:17

Welcome chinchi - how are you holding up?

tiredmummyoftwo Wed 29-Jul-09 11:31:39

Marne, hope you are ok.

sodit Wed 29-Jul-09 11:50:47

Good Luck Marne hope it is not too bad for you

FioFio Wed 29-Jul-09 11:52:58

Message withdrawn

Marne Wed 29-Jul-09 19:27:40

Thank you all for your kind post's.

They said that dd2 has a clear Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD), which is what we expected. We have to see the pead in 6 months to see how dd2 is doing (as her speech has started to improve). When they read me their reports on dd2 (from a year ago) i realized how much she has change over the past year, how well she has done with understanding language and how she responds to commands.

I also managed to get a letter from the pead to send to the council to recommend we get housed in a 3 bed house so dd2 can have her own room (at the moment we rent a small 2 bed and dd sleeps downstairs). I also asked about getting dd2 a maclaren major but she said she tried to get one for another child with ASD and was turned down (but she said she will try).

Today was the first day that the dd's played together and dd2 followed commands from dd2, it was so nice to see them play together, i felt like crying as i thought they would never play together. So not such a bad day grin.

BriocheDoree Wed 29-Jul-09 19:43:27

Well done Marne, for getting through it all. Hugs, even though it was what you expected. Really it's positive as this is the start of getting help!

lingle Wed 29-Jul-09 20:14:47

"Today was the first day that the dd's played together and dd2 followed commands from dd2, it was so nice to see them play together"

Lovely. Important.

5inthebed Thu 30-Jul-09 00:03:29

Well done Marne. I hope you have some joy getting rehoused into a bigger house.

I have a mac major sitting doing nothing, if you want to borrow it?

sadminster Thu 30-Jul-09 07:48:36

"it was so nice to see them play together, i felt like crying as i thought they would never play together"

That's wonderful.

I'm glad you got through the day okay & I'm pleased that your dd is making such progress

sc13 Thu 30-Jul-09 15:00:18

It sounds like good things are coming out of this, Marne. And it's lovely that she's making so much progress!!

mysonben Thu 30-Jul-09 16:43:33

Well done Marne.
It's so nice your dd were playing together, all the best for lots and lots more positive changes.
smile

FioFio Thu 30-Jul-09 17:40:39

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now