Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

When/Is DLA reviewed/re assessed ?

(7 Posts)
cyberseraphim Fri 24-Jul-09 11:10:21

We first got it when DS1 was 3.8 - Middle Rate Care. He is 5.4 now. Should anything be happening? I am not looking for changes just curious. In general he has improved and developed a lot over that time however not to NT 5.4 level.

cjones2979 Fri 24-Jul-09 12:54:22

Have you still got your original paperwork ?

We were approved for middle rate DLA in October last year & my letter says this will be reviewed in Oct 2011.

UndertheBoredwalk Fri 24-Jul-09 12:56:08

Yes your award should tell you how long it lasts, you'll be reviewed at the end of current award, if you don't have the paperwork you can just call them up and ask.
We were reviewed last year when DD was 7, she'd had it awarded when she was 2.
Current award now runs until her 16th Birthday

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Fri 24-Jul-09 16:49:11

They generally send the forms 6 months before the renewal date on your award letter.

I'm just in the process of doing dd's post-16 claim. It's grim.

coppertop Fri 24-Jul-09 21:46:30

Ds1's first award lasted from when he was 3.5yrs old to when he was 7.

Ds2's first award was from 2yrs old until he was 5.

There's no real pattern to how long an award lasts IME but they will send you renewal forms waaay in advance.

busybeingmum Fri 24-Jul-09 22:15:01

Message withdrawn

cyberseraphim Tue 28-Jul-09 09:50:27

Thanks for replies. I somehow had it in my mind that it would be reviewed at 5 but I don't know if I actually saw that in writing or I am just confusing it with starting school (soon!). Our main problem is still speech delay/disorder. Everything else is fine but am assuming that in itself means that he is still eligible as compared with NT 5 year old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now