Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Poo topic - but good news so, sorry, I'm sharing it!!

(10 Posts)
busybeingmum Wed 22-Jul-09 21:34:19

Message withdrawn

SirSupportman Wed 22-Jul-09 21:56:55

Well done DS!

SammyK Wed 22-Jul-09 22:03:37

HOORAY! grin

Very excited for you as know how much this will mean to you. We have same issues here and it is something that takes so long to encourage. smile

coppertop Wed 22-Jul-09 22:05:26

Hurray for ds and the poo!

busybeingmum Wed 22-Jul-09 22:11:54

Message withdrawn

sphil Thu 23-Jul-09 23:20:54

How old is he BusyMum? We have same issues and are waiting for such a moment...I can quite understand your excitement!Well done to your DSsmile

busybeingmum Thu 23-Jul-09 23:44:09

Message withdrawn

cjones2979 Fri 24-Jul-09 17:35:09

Well done to your DS !!! grin

I know from my own experience what a wonderful moment it is when they do a poo on the toilet for the first time !! My DS1 is 5.8 (ASD) and was always petrified of pooing on the loo. No matter what we tried, he wouldn't do it.

About 6 months ago, he came running in to the lounge saying "done a poo on the toilet mummy come see".

I was so proud, I had to ring round the family to let him tell them. We still make a big fuss now (as he is still not dry at night so will sometimes poo in his nappy early in the morning, even though he can get himself out of his bedroom & in to the bathroom, so we think it's a bit of a game as he seems to find it funny), but he's done so well.

As for school, my DS has never pooed at school, he will always wait til he gets home.

I hope everything goes well for you when DS goes back to school.

cyberseraphim Fri 24-Jul-09 19:19:55

Doing well here too - Gone from 40% success rate to nearer 80%. He starts school in August so just in time ! The school is for ASD but still would rather this issue was sorted 100%
Weirdly Have never had any night time problems - posting a reverse envy envy

5inthebed Fri 24-Jul-09 20:27:48

Well done to your DS!

If you are anything like me, you'd have called everyone you know as well lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now