Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Trivial - but don't know if I should say something. Would this offend you?

(13 Posts)
busybeingmum Wed 22-Jul-09 19:56:24

Message withdrawn

TotalChaos Wed 22-Jul-09 20:36:24

I wouldn't be happy with this. I did cringe a bit when I spotted the list of kids with SN (put up for supply staff) in a staff section of DS classroom (all open plan) but didn't say anything as it wasn't in an area they expected parents to be looking, but I think a public signing in book is different.

busybeingmum Wed 22-Jul-09 21:29:45

Message withdrawn

siblingrivalry Wed 22-Jul-09 21:46:18

I wouldn't like it, so I think I would point it out. I would see it as a breach of confidentiality, possibly, but then I am very touchy grin

SirSupportman Wed 22-Jul-09 21:54:44

I posted a few weeks ago about my local pool giving 2 different colour wristbands to swimmers with disabilities, as I thought it might draw attention to them. The general feeling was that most people wouldn't notice and nothing to worry about if they did.

However, the playscheme are being un-proffesional to put SN against a childs name on a registar that is seen by others using the service.

busybeingmum Wed 22-Jul-09 21:55:35

Message withdrawn

SammyK Wed 22-Jul-09 22:00:46

I don't like it. As a parent of a child with SN and as someone who (usually but not at the moment) works in childcare.

It is a public signing in book. Do they mark next to a child who has english as a second language? Or allergies? Or religious/dietary considerations? These things would also need extra support/input/consideration from staff but they wouldn't declare these to any Tom, Dick or Harry signing in the public signing in book. hmm IMO it leaves the child with SN next to their name vulnerable.

I would raise it with them.
Suggest perhaps that they could get by it by putting a - or a * at the end of the line not next to the child's name though. Point out they are breaching confidentiality and are discriminating by only breaching the conidentiality of the children with SN.

busybeingmum Wed 22-Jul-09 22:01:18

Message withdrawn

busybeingmum Wed 22-Jul-09 22:05:21

Message withdrawn

busybeingmum Wed 22-Jul-09 22:06:08

Message withdrawn

SirSupportman Wed 22-Jul-09 22:12:22

Busybeingmum, one of my clients always recieves an e-mail with the dates and times which they haven't got yet. I know from last time that I went that the cinema was starting to get funny about it all. Hopefully they will still be going ahead though.

busybeingmum Wed 22-Jul-09 22:17:58

Message withdrawn

SirSupportman Wed 22-Jul-09 22:26:52

No problem. I should update that thread if I can find it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now