Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

to hate the thread about

(9 Posts)
2shoes Wed 22-Jul-09 17:42:36

birth stories?
no offence to the op or any of the posters on that thread(havn't read it as I know it will make me sad)
I couldn't sit and write about dd's birth, I would need a drink after and no doubt I would scare a exectant mum or too......
so aibu or not...............

swineofthetimes Wed 22-Jul-09 18:02:30

No - YANBU. Everyone probably has threads that they struggle to read due to their personal circumstances.

I personally struggle with threads that are along the lines of 'oh, we've had our nuchal scan, everything's fine - the baby is perfectly healthy'. The OP isn't being wrong to write about their experience/ feelings - it's just that they touch a raw nerve with me.

Have that drink anyway - g'wan - you know you want to .

Nyrrem Wed 22-Jul-09 18:04:53

YANBU. I couldn't do it either, but then coward that I am I don't venture outside the SN section; except for a little light relief in the Baby Name threads. smile

sarah293 Wed 22-Jul-09 18:28:29

Message withdrawn

Woooozle100 Thu 23-Jul-09 11:32:04

I have an irrational loathing of the 'oh my birth trauma - me and my baby are fine and I'm still dining out on the sadness that birth wasn't what I wanted' threads. Oh shit and get off the pan please

I know that's harsh and people can and do feel cack about all sorts of things but it gets on my tits

FioFio Thu 23-Jul-09 11:39:27

Message withdrawn

2shoes Thu 23-Jul-09 11:57:07

thats the thing, both of mine went wrong, ds went into distress and was forceps. and of course dd's birth was fine but she nearly died.
I am glad a lot of people have positive strories, but amd so glad I am not alone in not wanting to read them or share mine.

FioFio Thu 23-Jul-09 12:01:15

Message withdrawn

Woooozle100 Thu 23-Jul-09 12:19:54

oh I'm not denying people the right to a birth trauma btw. Course it exists and I'm not that vile and heartless that I think people should just shut up and snap out of it

I'm more going on about the elevating the 'that wasn't what I wanted' to ranks of the truly traumatic

But aye - I guess I am 'judging' their trauma according to my scale of what is bad. Yknow - in that competitive sn way of pishing all other probs cos they're not as bad as ours eh ;)

sorry. Have RL friend doing me nuts about this at the mo (I really am the wrong person for her to get over her 'things could have gone wrong but didn't trauma')

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now