Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Altering Wilfs statement!

(6 Posts)
lottiejenkins Wed 22-Jul-09 14:43:50

I have just had to chase up the education department regarding the changes to Wilfs statement after his Annual Review. For the last few years i kept getting letters addressed to my husband and I (he died eight years ago) I threw my toys firmly out of the pram last year after getting very upset and threatened to go to the local press with the story blushthey changed that this year. Anyway i have now asked them to remove the word "parents" from his statement and replace it with the word "mother" I have been told that they may change it to "parent" but i do not find this acceptable. I have just told the woman at the council that i would find it distressing to have someone ring up and ask to speak to the "mother or father of Wilfred Jenkins" What do other parents think of this request??

ChopsTheDuck Wed 22-Jul-09 15:06:17

It really doesn't sound unreasonable at all to me, I would hold your ground.

Sounds like the council is being a bit of a jobsworth sticking to procedures and lackign flexibility.

lottiejenkins Wed 22-Jul-09 15:24:40

Thanks CTD xx

lottiejenkins Wed 22-Jul-09 18:33:39

Bump

TotalChaos Wed 22-Jul-09 18:51:48

oh no am sorry you are still having trouble with this issue. you are being perfectly reasonable, god knows why they need to be so pedantic.

vjg13 Wed 22-Jul-09 19:09:28

I think it's totally reasonable too, I can't see any reason at all why they can't change it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now