Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

this week ds1 has........(proud mummy time)

(22 Posts)
sodit Wed 22-Jul-09 13:02:21

ds1 is 2.11and this week he has so far: -
-initiated playing with a little girl at tesco(he did insist on holding his willie the whole time)
-copied a drawing of a face for the first time
-is able to 'say' no by shaking his head. for yes he tries to repeat the word of what he wants but everything sounds like gar gar at the mo but at least i know he wants it.
-when i say i love you he replies a gar goo (which is his version of it) he doesnt know what it means but he knows it makes mummy laugh when he says it.
still wishing it was back at school time!!!

bubblagirl Wed 22-Jul-09 13:18:10

oh bless him well done to him grin

lingle Wed 22-Jul-09 14:14:43

can I join in?

- DS2 (3.11, receptive language delay +?) has gone round Tescos putting 8 items in the basket then paying before he ate his snack without complaint. Result!

- played a 3+ version of the board game "Sequences" and informed me (disjointedly) that if I get the giraffe I'll have four in a row!

- enjoyed the story of the three little pigs though he only says "oink oink" instead of "not by the hairs on my chinny chin chin".

- used the word "he" for the first time (ooh, exciting)

- made mud pies with his friend for an hour

- almost understood the verb " to like"

two bad things involving poo and mixing up "how are you" with "how old are you" fade into insignificance.....

Anyone else?

sc13 Wed 22-Jul-09 16:31:09

Am very impressed.
DS is doing plurals! By which I mean he puts 's' at the end of words, including Italian words (we have 'bananes' and 'barches' for boats). But he's basically got the rule smile
Nothing in the region of love you or anything, so sodit gar goo has me massively impressed

smallwhitecat Wed 22-Jul-09 16:43:38

Message withdrawn

sphil Wed 22-Jul-09 17:09:54

Today in the supermarket DS2 said 'more to drink' - a 3 word phrase!!! (I suspect he got it from his Sing and Sign video as there's a song that starts like that, but he did really mean he wanted more drink, so I don't care grin). He also said 'in the car' very angrily when I told him he couldn't have crisps until we went home (in the car).

bubblagirl Wed 22-Jul-09 18:22:01

lol they do make me chuckle ds is just becoming very bossy if i say something and repeat because his not listening he shouts at me i heard you

if i dont answer quick enough why are you not talking his becoming very bossy but i love it lol

oh and he doesnt want daddy any more just bubblaboy and mummy

smallwhitecat Wed 22-Jul-09 20:53:44

Message withdrawn

sadminster Thu 23-Jul-09 08:16:11

This morning ds gestured 'all gone' pointed at the TV (with beautiful eye contact ;) ) then signed 'sign' & 'crocodile' - he wanted (& got with massive cheers) Mr Tumble's Jungle Animals grin

cyberseraphim Thu 23-Jul-09 08:35:43

DS1 asked me to 'Peel Orange' - Normally he just says 'Open'

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Thu 23-Jul-09 08:41:51

DH was looking for DD (2.9..ASD or language delay?)s favourite toy (leppy) in her cot amongst all the animals, and shouted through to me that he couldnt find leppy. She showed him leppy who she was sitting on and said "leppy is there"!

Also when I was hanging up washing she pointed and said "its got to go on top".

I think the book is helping lingle, thank you so much. I am going to visit inlaws first week in August and hope to read it a lot there while they watch DD, and then can send it back, if that is OK smile

Still havent had proper SALT assessment as DD was unwell and decided to be sick on her sad

bubblagirl Thu 23-Jul-09 08:57:43

he does it all the time smallwhitecat nunny i heard you i heard you coming up to me putting his face in my face lol tells us off all the time his sound production is sounding clearer though lol

but he doesnt want gaggy as he calls us bless him not gaggy just nunny and bubblaboy while diving on me so daddy cant get a look in lol

his also very good at his i wont but just lately we get a no hank you and yes please with no prompting the other day he came back and said nunny really really thank you with a big kiss aaawww bless him

some ways qwe have moved forward but in some ways we've stepped but his been full of cold for ages so that doesnt help

but his full of questions and wants to know everything now becoming a little abstracter apart from the i heard you i heard you then tells me off oh and if i cant understand him due to speech delay and sounds he says no nunny you got it wrong if i manage to work it out you got it wrong and right nunny

bubblagirl Thu 23-Jul-09 08:59:31

abstractor should have said character lol dont know what happened there lol

lingle Thu 23-Jul-09 11:01:18

roll up let's hear some.

Glad you like the book Fanjo. It's very family-friendly isn't it?

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Thu 23-Jul-09 12:07:24

It is a really well written book smile

Frasersmum123 Thu 23-Jul-09 12:08:48

I love threads like this - these little achievements are so fantastic

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Thu 23-Jul-09 12:16:20

this is a really small one but made me very happy - today DD watched some children playing at toddler group from a distance with a shy smile on her face, normally she just ignores them.

bubblagirl Thu 23-Jul-09 12:24:34

oh well done to your dd its great when they actually take notice

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Thu 23-Jul-09 12:28:14

I hope it will lead to more, but time will tell I suppose smile She has started noticing ME more than she used to though.

sphil Thu 23-Jul-09 23:12:04

Ooh have another one. DS2 was watching 'Sing and Sign' today and when I was singing along he was looking at me, then at the TV, then back at me again, smiling - proper shared attention!

lingle Fri 24-Jul-09 15:01:54

smallwhitecat Fri 24-Jul-09 15:08:12

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now