Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

am in pangs of jealousy

(19 Posts)
sarah293 Tue 21-Jul-09 18:44:36

Message withdrawn

2shoes Tue 21-Jul-09 18:55:01

but you have a beautiful family

sarah293 Tue 21-Jul-09 19:12:31

Message withdrawn

sarah293 Tue 21-Jul-09 19:13:07

Message withdrawn

misscutandstick Tue 21-Jul-09 19:42:30

yeah, and shes got fantastic hair grin

I think its absolutely normal to wonder 'how things would have been', this is not the life you had planned on.

I know you love C dearly, but there has to be that question in the back of your mind, because she is so severly affected. I think (and im probably wrong) that although i definately have those thoughts, it doesnt seem as painful to me because my children arent as affected.

Can i just apologise for anything i have said that upsets anyone. Im not good with words.

Mutisa Wed 22-Jul-09 07:09:44

not wishing to add grist to your mill, but i totally get the jealousy thing. I definitely did not expect to be still changing nappies at 53 - particularly for someone who has pubic hair! love him dearly and wouldn't be without him, but somewhere in a parallel universe i'm sipping wine in Tuscany, or living in a beach house writing successful novels, etc

Goblinchild Wed 22-Jul-09 07:36:52

I get it too, sometimes the realisation that it isn't fair just kicks you in the teeth sometimes, and my child's needs are nowhere as demanding. My OH is spectrum too, and doesn't get the idea of partnership at all. So it's like having a lodger a lot of the time, everything to do with either of his children is Someone Else's Problem.
Let's plan our next incarnation better!
A Large Inheritance...a mansion with a cleaner and gardener attached.
Perfect respite care on demand.
Suggestions?

Phoenix4725 Wed 22-Jul-09 07:48:06

Money so can afford all things ds needs and someone to deal with all the papperwork and phonecalls and the housework <<looks at laundry pile threating to attack kids dam uk weather >>

But yes I do ge tit to though ds is easy compared to how lot of you have it.But I look at friend swho got dc same age as my older 2 ds 15, 12 and they have so much more freedom , wher ei went on to have 2 more dd6 and ds4 would not swap them but sometimes

Goblinchild Wed 22-Jul-09 07:56:50

I look at friends with foul-mouthed and drunken NT teens who break or ignore house rules, strop and demand expensive gear and I feel smug sometimes.

sarah293 Wed 22-Jul-09 08:08:22

Message withdrawn

FioFio Wed 22-Jul-09 09:12:56

Message withdrawn

sarah293 Wed 22-Jul-09 09:37:05

Message withdrawn

FioFio Wed 22-Jul-09 09:39:29

Message withdrawn

sarah293 Wed 22-Jul-09 09:44:15

Message withdrawn

FioFio Wed 22-Jul-09 09:49:40

Message withdrawn

siblingrivalry Wed 22-Jul-09 09:51:44

Riven, I can't even begin to imagine how I would deal with the huge range of emotions that you must have, but I think you are perfectly entitled to feel jealous of your friend.
We are all human and these things do make us feel resentful and pissed off at times.
My dd1's needs aren't anywhere near as complex as your dd's, but we have days when it all gets too much and we want to run away.

After recently being home-educated, dd wants to try out a new school. It's fab -very small and has great support in place -but in order for her to attend, dh needs to cut his hours at work in order to do the school runs. DD2 will be attending a local school -no places in R at dd1's school at the moment. So we will have even less money and we also feel like we are going backwards financially.
Of course, we will do whatever it takes to help dd, but it's not easy. Especially when friends with NT kids just don't understand why we have to make 'different' choices.

sarah293 Wed 22-Jul-09 10:01:39

Message withdrawn

FioFio Wed 22-Jul-09 10:07:38

Message withdrawn

sarah293 Wed 22-Jul-09 10:11:26

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now