Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

BIBIC

(9 Posts)
sadminster Tue 21-Jul-09 17:03:06

we're off to BIBIC with ds next month. It looks like it'll be before any of our NHS referrals come through. I know they won't diagnose ds but will the assessment be useful for the paeds?

What happens at the assessment? Did you find it useful?

Phoenix4725 Tue 21-Jul-09 17:21:52

we went in may and yes i found it usefull

first of all it gave me a picture overall where ds was devlopemental wise and where weakness was thy also gave me pratical idears on how to strenthen areas he was struggling in something still waiting for good old nhs to dohmm .They do this over 2 days rathe rtha the 20 mins every 6 months he got with devlopmental paed

they also gave me ways to work on fact he is oversenstive totouch in some areas and undersentive in others
ds did not even understand was being assesd far as he was concerned we played with lots of new toys , also went played ina physical room also got to go ins sensory room

Phoenix4725 Tue 21-Jul-09 17:23:34

ps do not go to the pub that you turn left out of bibic then left again at crossroads cant remmeber name but food expensive and not good best thing would be take picnic theres fridge you can use and plenty space to eat outsid eif nice

sadminster Tue 21-Jul-09 18:46:08

thanks phoenix! Did you stay down there? We're debating booking into a B&B vs driving down each day (petrol would probably be more expensive).

It's reassuring that it was fun for your ds So you think their assessment of him was fairly accurate?

Phoenix4725 Tue 21-Jul-09 19:06:36

yes i did infact were going back in november,we stayed in premier inn as we live in essex so to far to travel each day and ds was worn out by it even though was fun poor little guy was falling asleep in his dinner

Phoenix4725 Tue 21-Jul-09 19:22:38

we styed here

Bridgewater Road
Lympsham
Bleadon
Weston Super Mare
BS24 0BP

T: 0870 850 6384
F: 0870 850 6385

nice and quiet and we had he breakfast which though was daer 7.50 for adult kids eat free and was a all you can eat we lso took some cakes and yogurts and rolls for dc to eat later
also they do cheap dinners if you eat early between 4-6 we finshed each day about 3pm at Bibic

Rachmumoftwo Tue 21-Jul-09 19:38:51

There is a travel lodge type place in Bridgwater, not far from BIBIC. Also, look around the Burnham area for hotels/caravan accomodation that can be quite reasonable.

sadminster Tue 21-Jul-09 20:48:30

Thanks!

Phoenix4725 Tue 21-Jul-09 20:57:25

we payed 55 fr a family room that slept 4 of us , one we used was about 10 miles from Bibic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now