Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I AM SO SODDING ANGEY THAT I COULD SCREAM

(11 Posts)
2shoes Tue 21-Jul-09 16:54:38

dd is on a new drug, it is one of those ones that has to be introduced in steps. so we did that and she has been on 5ml 3 times aday for about 2 months.
the mid day one is given by the nurse at school(sn school with nursing staff) AND i Have just been informed via a note in her diary that they have been giving her 7.5 ml...............................................................
ffs it says 5ml on the fing bottle.

TotalChaos Tue 21-Jul-09 16:59:43

god that is so crap that they have overdosed her. hope DD is OK.

sadminster Tue 21-Jul-09 17:04:21

That's scary angry shock I hope dd is okay.

lou031205 Tue 21-Jul-09 17:09:11

A note in her diary? shock angry

-An incident investigation,
-steps to prevent reoccurance,
-review of procedure,
-formal written apology,
-advice taken re: implications

At the very least. Push for it - another time that could be a child's life!

TotalChaos Tue 21-Jul-09 17:11:48

great point lou, as even if an incident like this doesn't have any adverse effects, it should still be recorded as a near miss, shouldn't it?

2shoes Tue 21-Jul-09 17:13:29

it gets worse, it wasn't the nurse it was the DOCTOR

her prescription changed and she was prescribed a new stregth,
so the darling doctor,change dthe drugs chart that day!!! but he didn't say oh MRS 2shoes you have to change the dose of the old meds(expensive meds so I was using up old bottle befor starting the new stregth) surely when I didn't write in the diary to say the dose had changed(which I always do) they should have phoned and checked with me..

2shoes Tue 21-Jul-09 17:15:12

lou031205 I will do, but carefully(dd was once given the flue jab at school......I had already had it done at the gp's) my complaint stopped them being given at school) so I have to be careful, but this could be dangerous if it happened with a vunerable childs meds.

sarah293 Tue 21-Jul-09 17:33:46

Message withdrawn

2shoes Tue 21-Jul-09 17:36:59

Like I say I have to tread carefully,I wouldn't want them to turn round and refuse to give non boarders their meds.

lou031205 Tue 21-Jul-09 17:57:30

2shoes, you can get the same result carefully. Perhaps ask that there is a communication sheet, separate from diaries and the like, that gets filled in when a medication is changed. Signed by both you and the health professional. Copy goes to you, and one kept on file. Simple, effective, low-cost.

2shoes Tue 21-Jul-09 22:03:19

good idea

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now