Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

books on verbal dyspraxia.

(8 Posts)
mummyloveslucy Mon 20-Jul-09 18:53:19

Hi, does anyone know of any good books on verbal dyspraxia? and also if there are any books explaining it to children?
Thanks. smile

mummyloveslucy Mon 20-Jul-09 19:27:34

bump

Phoenix4725 Mon 20-Jul-09 19:52:02

something i struggled on ,for me one of the best was The late talker #isa geng is one of the authors it amercian book but did make intresting reading and harsh reminder just how little saltwe get here

mummyloveslucy Mon 20-Jul-09 19:57:12

I know, and verbal dyspraxia is the one speech therapists find the hardest to treat apparently. She should be having so much more therapy than what she's getting. She's been working on one sound for 9 months now. hmm
Sorry for rant. I'll look that one up, thanks. smile

lingle Mon 20-Jul-09 19:59:14

The "Teach me to Talk" speech therapist did a radio programme on it (I didn't hear it, she just mentioned it at the end of her programme on receptive language delay which is my issue).
go to www.teachmetotalk.com and follow the references to the radio programmes.

Phoenix4725 Mon 20-Jul-09 20:00:15

np know that feeling ds ha verbal and oral dyspraxia and we get one visit every 8 weeks and ds is stuck still with not sounds/words

Phoenix4725 Mon 20-Jul-09 20:08:59

if you want to cat me or email me on phoenixlightfoot@yahoo.co.uk you are welcome to my copy

mummyloveslucy Mon 20-Jul-09 20:30:41

Thanks Phoenix, that's really good of you. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now