Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Request for statement assessment round 1

(8 Posts)
StarlightMcKenzie Mon 20-Jul-09 10:19:09

Message withdrawn

Merle Tue 21-Jul-09 09:24:59

I think you put your opinion as to what the provision looks like on the form now. Set out your stall at this stage. Your assessment of his needs is obviously based on your expertise as a parent, plus what the experts already say.

You are aiming for an end result of the Final Statement containing the provisions that you know he needs. Set these out now. You can always amend them in the future, if the advice/needs change.

Good luck.

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 21-Jul-09 10:20:02

Message withdrawn

Merle Tue 21-Jul-09 16:02:27

Not sure what you mean - is it regular support which you are giving your child/intending to give your child?

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 21-Jul-09 16:26:15

Message withdrawn

Merle Wed 22-Jul-09 09:48:04

Oh I see, I've not got any experience of home ed. I imagine that these schemes are to help with his education (can't imagine that they would/could be for anything else). I think that if you want this training to happen then you can say at this stage that it should be on the Final Statement.

You've no doubt given the whole issue of his educational setting a lot of thought. It may just be my lack of experience but all the other SEN cases that I'v known of have been about getting educational support within school. I'm not sure how it works with home ed. You could get some more advice from IPSEA?

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 22-Jul-09 10:42:07

Message withdrawn

Merle Wed 22-Jul-09 16:30:52

Hi sorry I have misunderstood and given you a more complicated answer than you needed.

I think I can only revert to my original advice of putting everything you want out of the process down at this stage. The forms always ask you for information which you have already given. I think they just love paperwork.

Yes I'm sure that the early years are seen as really important for all children and for children with SEN getting the right support at pre-school is crucial.

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now