Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Boardmaker in Libraries

(3 Posts)
juliaw Sat 18-Jul-09 14:10:15

Leeds Library just won an award (see http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2009/jul/15/autism-libraries-boardmaker-software) for introducing Boardmaker to its library. Its now in many branches and the main library has a monthly information session where the autism outreach come along and talk to parents over a cup of tea. The library offer training throughout the branches. We live just over the border but drove over to try it out today and it was fab. We had to pay 15p a sheet to print but the computer time and laminating was free. I think its a great idea especially a monthly meet up for parents, especially those of us with under 5's. I've emailed my library and feeling brave I emailed my MP and got a response the same day from the MP saying he had forwarded my email to the Director of Libraries asking him if something similar could be introduced locally! Lets see if we can go nationwide! Email your library / MP!

glitteryb6 Sat 18-Jul-09 15:07:19

what a great idea! smile

2shoes Sat 18-Jul-09 15:18:49

how good, hopefully it is open to CP as well.
(I have borrowed the schools copy)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now