Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

SN parents = feel like they have to take 3 exams a week

(6 Posts)
StarlightMcKenzie Sat 18-Jul-09 12:22:17

Message withdrawn

staryeyed Sat 18-Jul-09 13:31:17

oo I said to Dp that getting statement redrafted was like handing in coursework and having it marked.

You are very right though and I think a lot of people do give up because they don't know what to do/where to get help etc. Some people dont know to reject a vague and meaningless statement and just accept what they are told. Some dont know how to word things to put their case across etc.

mysonben Sat 18-Jul-09 13:41:19

I agree with both of you.
I'm dreading the first proper hurdle that will eventually come our way concerning paperwork or a real fight your corner discussion with professionals regarding ds's needs.
I'm not very good with spontaneous meaninful answers or letters for that matter.

StarlightMcKenzie Sat 18-Jul-09 13:52:45

Message withdrawn

juliaw Sat 18-Jul-09 14:01:59

they know we are all too busy to kick up much of a fuss!

vjg13 Sat 18-Jul-09 14:14:48

I agree too. The last two and a half years trying to get my daughter into an appropriate school has taken over my life. It's gone hand in hand with her medical needs/hospital appointments which are so draining too.

On the upside, now she has changed schools I do feel like I loads of extra time! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now