Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

New here!

(13 Posts)
aimeemain Fri 17-Jul-09 16:54:57

Hi all,

I am new on here today so just thought I would introduce myslef. My name is Aimee and I am Mummy to Taylor who is eight and Sydney-Mae who is fourtenn months. Sydney-Mae has Dystonic Cerebral Palsy due to HIE around time of her birth. We are fairly new on this road but trying to stay positive and embrace the new path our life has taken, although i must say some days are easier than others!

We are in the process of loking at special needs pushchairs if anyone can suggest any pls?

Take Care,

Aimee x

2shoes Fri 17-Jul-09 16:56:35

hello and welcome to the sn board. my dd is 14 and had athetoid cp.( I lso have ds who is 17 and a teenmonster)

lou031205 Fri 17-Jul-09 17:06:13

Hi, welcome! My DD is 3.6 and has GDD and epilepsy. She has two younger sisters, also.

mum2fredandpudding Fri 17-Jul-09 17:06:21

hi aimee, welcome to the SN boards. You have absolutely come to the right place. my ds1 was diagnosed autistic 2 months ago and these pages have been an endless source of information, support and laughs.

cant help you with teh pushchairs, but know that people regularly post about them on here so certian that someone will be along shortly. (maybe search the archives)

Ive just noticed it has gone 5pm, so im off to crack the weekends first bottle of wine!

BriocheDoree Fri 17-Jul-09 17:07:57

Hi Aimee,
Welcome to the SN board. I have DD (5) with language disorder and DS (2). Can't help with CP but wanted to say Hello.

Brio
x

anonandlikeit Fri 17-Jul-09 17:56:42

Hi there & welcome
I have 2 ds's. DS2 has mild CP, asd etc.
Hope you find some good friends on here.

Phoenix4725 Fri 17-Jul-09 18:10:38

hi and welcome

ds had a Maclaren majour but hes now moving up to a wheelchair ready for school

Mitchell81 Fri 17-Jul-09 18:18:18

Welcome to The SN boards.
I have DD (8) unknown genetic syndrome, unable to walk, severely developmentally delayed and physically disabled.

We have Otto bock kimba spring, maclaren major, invacare wheelchair with seating unit.

The wheelchair service should help you with a suitable pram/buggy. But as she is still little why not just use a normal buggy? Sorry for asking as even with all DD SN prams we have just bought a Phil and Teds which she can still fit into so that I can take all 3 kids out on my own.

How affected is your daughter by Cerebral Palsy?

aimeemain Fri 17-Jul-09 19:57:20

Hi all,

Thanks so much for your kind messages. In answer to your question Mitchell Sydney-Mae is mildly to moderately affected- still waiting and seeing- oh the joy! She is 14 months tomorrow and is still not sitting but the physio says she is so so close but the fact she is so clever and nosey and into toys makes it really hard for her as she wont sit still- always wanting to look at something or play! She has high tone in her arms but her legs are looking good so far to fingers crossed. She is the most happiest little girl- a real pleasure to be honest.

The reason we are looking at pushchairs is due to the fact she us falls to one side slightly in our mamas and papas and they are concered for her posture eg scoliosis. The one that wheelchair services have offered I was not kean on so they have siad we can have a voucher?
Is there any way of getting an email when people reply to you on here?

A x

meltedmarsbars Fri 17-Jul-09 22:40:03

Try Lightning buggy? Its American but our wheelchair services provided ours.

meltedmarsbars Fri 17-Jul-09 22:40:41

It has adjustable support (our dd2 has a scoliosis amongst other things)

sarah293 Sat 18-Jul-09 08:58:09

Message withdrawn

glitteryb6 Sat 18-Jul-09 15:06:19

Hi Aimee, my ds is 5 and has Quad Dystonic CP, his first SN pushchair was a Thomashilfen Jazz EasyS supplied in the UK by Tendercare which looked great but after it broke(!) we switched to an Ormesa Bug which seemed much more sturdier, we now have a Quickie Zippie TS wheelchair and soon to be getting a Dragonmobility powerchair.

this is a good link to different types of SN pushchairs

www.activateforkids.co.uk/docs/brochures/Big%20Buggy%20Book%20PDF.pdf

and this is an american site but lets you see whats out there

www.adaptivemall.com/allstrolpus.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now