Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

naffing IPSEA

(5 Posts)
misscutandstick Fri 17-Jul-09 16:03:06

im thoroughly fed up

i have been trying to get thru to IPSEA for over 2 hours now. sad

I just want to know if I should just re-apply for assessment for statement of SEN, or appeal the refusal, i have already had.

I only got the refusal a couple of aweeks ago, and chased and chased for reports but no-one is being helpful at all. The appeal has to be in on sept 1st. I have NO reports.


I really do NOT want to be brooding over this all holidays - it ends here, WWYD?

staryeyed Fri 17-Jul-09 16:22:56

try sossen.

I would of thought it would be very difficult to appeal with no reports.

flyingmum Fri 17-Jul-09 16:51:29

Echo trying SOS SEN

Where are the reports from?

Only other thing I can think of is if there is one MAJOR report paying for your own but that's at least £500 which is a helluv a lot of money.

How's the brood? Can't wait for the summer hols.

I can put you in touch with an advocate. She's brilliant but you do have to pay (not as much as a solicitor).

Personally I think it might be worth appealing with nothing then you can reapply anyway.

WetAugust Fri 17-Jul-09 23:16:32

Definitely appeal - otherwise you will have to start from scratch with a new application for an assessment for Statement - which the LEA may even turn down that time.

You don't have to have your case prepared fully to lodge an appeal with SENDIST. You can just lodge an outline appeal and can send further documents etc up to the time the hearing is held.

Just try to put together a coherent argument based on the evidence of need that you have and the history of the case.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 18-Jul-09 09:11:43


In your case I would appeal the refusal you've had.

IPSEA have a specific Tribunal line; did you try this number?. I know all too well that their phone lines get clogged up (the usual demand and supply problem).

Tribunal advice: 0845 602 9579
Mon, Wed and Thurs 10.00 – 1.00pm
Next-step advice on SEN appeals and disability discrimination claims to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal. When you call we will assess whether you need casework support.

My advice if you cannot get through to IPSEA is to use the services of SOS;SEN or ACE (as both of these are indepedent too).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: