Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Just filled in another DLA form

(17 Posts)
sarah293 Fri 17-Jul-09 15:28:34

Message withdrawn

DLI Fri 17-Jul-09 15:48:31

i agree, when i had to fill mine in for ds. it was really hard to say how many minutes i spent doing things for him, such as dressing him and watching him when out an about! i had to guess - probably didnt even put down half the amount of time i do spend doing things for him!

sarah293 Fri 17-Jul-09 16:03:03

Message withdrawn

foreverchanges Fri 17-Jul-09 16:18:26

imagine your worst day ever times it by 10 (just for effect) and then fill out the form .make sure you get your dla that youre entitled too , far to any people dont get it who should , i think some exaggeration is necessary .good luck

twoisplenty Fri 17-Jul-09 16:19:25

I completely agree. And the whole form is so upsetting, because you have to think in terms of the child's worst day. So when I read it back to myself, it is just so depressing.

Last time I filled one in, I photocopied it, so next time I will put virtually the same info again, because nothing much changes around here (in terms of improvement...)

sarah293 Fri 17-Jul-09 16:27:23

Message withdrawn

Sidge Fri 17-Jul-09 16:33:17

I hated that form. For a lot of the questions I didn't write how many minutes I took as it was ridiculous so I just wrote "constantly", "all the time", "24 hours" etc.

Hope you get it all sorted fairly quickly.

lou031205 Fri 17-Jul-09 17:10:03

You need to go to Staples and buy one of those DIY ink stamps. Load in your message then stamp away!

Sorry it's such a grind. Your DD is lucky to have you, you're a great Mum.

WetAugust Fri 17-Jul-09 23:09:18

Riven - I ignored the pissy little boxes they give you on the DLA form to try to squeeze a decsription of a complex problem into and I write my DLA applications on the PC and attach the printed sheets to the form.

That way you can repeat yourself as often as you want by cutting and pasting and just changing the Section name at the top of the page.

last DLA form was 64 pages! I don't care if it takes them a long time to read it (and I was told that each assessor gets 7 minutes per form).

My view is that if they design a crappy repetitve form they get a crappy repetitive (64 page) response.

Best wishes

pickyvic Fri 17-Jul-09 23:32:41

just going thru the motions now....

so when its an adult your applying for - as in post 16 - how do you fill it in?

do you say xxxx cannot do xxxxx or do you do it in the first person?

im getting another form as ive cocked up the first one....

im digging out all my recent examples wetaugust!

WetAugust Sat 18-Jul-09 00:13:32

I do son's in the third person for him as I am his DWP Appointee and part of the help he needs is with Communications. He signs the form.

Could send you the full 64 pages!

pickyvic Sat 18-Jul-09 00:59:33

i rang up for antoher form today as i suspect i filled it out incorrectly - well that and id spilt my coffee over it!

hows things WA? (why is there no bloody PM service on mn!)

WetAugust Sat 18-Jul-09 02:03:43

There is but you must pay. If you want to PM then go over to the dark side where it's free.

sarah293 Sat 18-Jul-09 08:50:11

Message withdrawn

2shoes Sat 18-Jul-09 10:08:00

I did a lot of 24/7 on dd's

anonandlikeit Sat 18-Jul-09 13:57:23

At what age do they decide that they can issue the ward for life, if the DR's can tell us DS2's cp & asd are for life why can't they issue the DLA until 16?

ds2'S award (high mobility mid care) runs out again in Feb, it will be the 3rd claim & he is only 6.

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Sat 18-Jul-09 14:17:32

I have dd's post 16 form sitting staring at me from the dining room table.

I'm so not in the mood for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now