Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

In a complete turmoil, please help

(11 Posts)
Blossomhill Fri 20-May-05 09:27:36

Ds's beavers are having a camping weekend within about 3 miles of my hosue. Dh really wants us all to go but I on the other hand (surprise, surprise) am worried about dd and how she will be.
Dh is getting quite annoyed with me as he said dd will really enjoy it and it's not fair to exclude her. I can see his point but why does the thought of it make me break out in a cold sweat???

coppertop Fri 20-May-05 09:36:14

Can you arrange to go but with the proviso that you or dh will come back with dd if it goes wrong, while the other one stays with ds? It reduces the stress IME if you have some kind of 'get-out option'.

JakB Fri 20-May-05 09:54:02

Yeah, agree with coppertop. I'd go for it but have an emergency escape clause! Also, can you prepare her for it with a visual timetable etc? (sorry, that's obvious!)

Davros Fri 20-May-05 10:14:46

I also think you should go with an "escape route". What about giving her a little project related to it? She could keep a scrapbook/diary, she might like that. You know, stick in leaves and write a little caption, get her a disposable camera, having something to focus on might help.

anniebear Fri 20-May-05 10:40:26

The "escape route" sounds a good idea!

maddiemo Fri 20-May-05 10:41:08

Agree with Davros. I know she is good at writing, get her to do a newspaper style report on it with pics. Let her take it to school to show off.

Get her to do a scavenger hunt, 10 items to find.

Hope it goes well.

Blossomhill Fri 20-May-05 10:44:25

Thanks everyone. Great idea about the camera and scrap book/diary Davros. I still feel so nervous though I really need to get a grip, even counselling hasn't cured the way I feel!!!!

Davros Fri 20-May-05 14:21:12

Do you all have to wear those khaki shorts?

Blossomhill Fri 20-May-05 14:42:48

Er, I hope not Davros. At least not with my lily white legs

Merlot Fri 20-May-05 15:48:19

Good luck Blossomhill Go for it - dd might surprise you. The escape clause would be good for just in case..

coppertop Fri 20-May-05 15:51:11

LOL at the khaki shorts!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, BH.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now