Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

and the wait for the DLA continues...

(5 Posts)
misscutandstick Fri 17-Jul-09 13:24:20

Been waiting on DS4's DLA decision for 6wks now.

Just had a letter in post, from DLA.

THey have stated that they have written to the school for their report/evidence. hmm sad & angry (more so of varied emotion, because DS4 is one of those 'keep it together at school, and explode at home' types)

Now there'll be the holidays (7wks+) and usual mix up of 'who's going to respond to this letter' debate of 3wks...

whats the chance of hearing anything before xmas do ya reckon???

positiveattitudeonly Fri 17-Jul-09 14:56:46

Hi, Been there, done that......

They will only wait for a set amount of time! - not too sure how long,though. Then they will make a decision without this information, or that is what happened with us anyway. Did you say they could ask the school for info?? If not they should not have asked and you can ask them to ask a friend or family member who knows what life can be like!!

I would phone DLA and nag ask them how long etc...., then next week nag ask again. They will soon want to get rid of you and will push you to top of the list. That seemed to be the answer for me, anyway.

We are now waiting for a review to be done and I notice the letter said to wait 11 weeks. It used to be 6 I am sure!!

Good luck anyway smile

sarah293 Fri 17-Jul-09 15:36:07

Message withdrawn

staryeyed Fri 17-Jul-09 15:42:19

I think ours took 9 months shock

misscutandstick Fri 17-Jul-09 16:22:55

they've already waited for a paed report (dont know if they got that), and an OT report (ditto), and now the school! i did put the HV name down, but dont know if they got in touch with her.

DS1's original one took 17wks!

Thing is i sent every report i had, even the written Dx one, and they are still not happy!

might phone monday and chat grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now