Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Bloody LA funding nonsense

(9 Posts)
SkyrosSister Thu 16-Jul-09 19:56:33

AIBU to be totally pissed off that the LA has awarded dd's school a grant of £10k to emply a lifestyle coach - basically to teach them about eating and exercise.

I am not saying that it's not an important issue, but that is a lot of money and on the other hand they are being snotty with me because they need to spend £200 on a chair for dd and that is a lot of money to the school. Another child at the school is fighting a losing battle to get a laptop to help his literacy and the school and LA together are currently refusing mainly due to funding again.

I just think ffs where are your priorities?

I am so tired of having to fight for everything for dd and it all come down to the lack of funding, but when some trendy bullshit like this comes along they stump up £10k.

lou031205 Thu 16-Jul-09 20:26:55

<<Hollow laugh>> Wish this surprised me.

moondog Thu 16-Jul-09 20:42:06

Jesus Christ.Unbelievable.
Write to your local paper about ot (and make sure you get your facts right first by putting in Freedom of Info request for details of payment.)

saintlydamemrsturnip Thu 16-Jul-09 22:11:58

Good grief.

saintlydamemrsturnip Thu 16-Jul-09 22:12:22

<plans job as kiddie lifestyle coach>

misscutandstick Fri 17-Jul-09 07:49:01

hmm whose husband or wife it is tho? hmm

bullet123 Fri 17-Jul-09 09:42:24

Dear oh dear oh dear hmm.

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Fri 17-Jul-09 09:45:31

LA

funding

nonsense

in same post-

YANBU

I'd hapily run a few lifestyle sessions for fee, did they even ask the aprewnts I onder? Lesson one: this is a raw ingredient. Use it.

SkyrosSister Fri 17-Jul-09 21:01:52

PTRPH I would love to find out what this lifestyle coach has to say - even for £10k I think I would struggle to come up with more than a couple of ways to say stop eating chips and get off your backsides and exercise some more.

For £10 they could have just bought a Lazytown DVD and made the kids watch that, and then spent the other £9990 on something worthwhile. In fact, for £10k I am expecting bloody Sportacus himself to turn up grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now