Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

the mystery of DS2's 'illness' continues...

(7 Posts)
sphil Thu 16-Jul-09 16:31:24

Posted on this earlier in the week - DS2 doing a lot of crying and pacing on Mon night, obviously in pain but couldn't tell from where. No temp. He's got a bit better as this week has gone on, but is still crying from time to time for no apparent reason. School report that he is asking to go to the toilet more and more often as the week's gone on, and today he had an accident - the first since Feb! They say that often when he goes to the loo he doesn't do anything. I haven't noticed this at home though. Took a urine sample to docs for testing today - negative.

Any ideas???

silverfrog Thu 16-Jul-09 18:00:14

oh, sphil, it must be a worry.

is he crying at any particular times? before/after food? is it timings related?

dd1 does the loo thing at school, but she always has done, it's not something that has started recently. she asks and goes willingly to the toilet, but doesn't produce anything...

BriocheDoree Thu 16-Jul-09 18:53:39

Possible he's constipated? DD asks to go to the loo a lot when she's constipated and often doesn't do anything. Think she doesn't always know which end it is (IYSWIM) and also can have wee accidents when constipated as the whole system seems to get out of synch...

TotalChaos Thu 16-Jul-09 19:06:47

oh we've just had unusual wee accidents and negative sample too. DS was probably constipated - hadn't been for 3 days until just before we saw the nurse. apparently constipation can put pressure on the bladder.

Widemouthfrog Thu 16-Jul-09 20:57:29

This sounds so familiar. We had this about 6 months ago. Crying that he needed to wee, then not doing anything when he got there, in a vicious cycle, then scared that he was going to wee all the time. When he did wee he wailed that it hurt I was convinced it was a UTI, but the sample was negative. he was hunched up and holding hius tummy.

We never really did work out what was happening - it just gradually improved over several weeks.

We did realise DS had threadworms at around the same time and treated those, but I'm not sure if that was related to the weeing, or if it was coincidental. Might be a thought though....

saintlydamemrsturnip Thu 16-Jul-09 20:59:00

i was going to say constipated as well. Perhaps with some overflow (was it squishy?). Or worms?

morocco Thu 16-Jul-09 20:59:54

I was just going to mention worms. ds1 was like that once and it cleared up at the same time we treated his worms

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now