Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Where Can I Buy.......?????

(17 Posts)
MsF Thu 16-Jul-09 13:04:55

Just wondered after i did my toothpaste thread ....if people ould find a mumsnet 'where can i buy' type thread...or have people had luck posting in 'shopping' threads?

its just my life is shattered when something that i have finally got ds's used to eating/drinking/using gets discontinued or 'changed' by manufacturers....and i think many of us would enjoy helping eachother...as we all understand the desperation!!!

misscutandstick Thu 16-Jul-09 13:15:33

oooh think i need to be first!

I need cartons of ricemilk, the 200ml variety with ADDED calcium - i can only find the 1l versions, does anybody do 200ml versions?

(because tight-fisted school will only supply water or milk, even tho its sooooooo NOT inclusion, they wont budge and supply ricemilk instead, even tho every other under4 gets it angry )

MsF Thu 16-Jul-09 13:23:44

yes...i've just tried a quick google for rice milk + calcim 200ml....and plenty without calcium.....Grrrrrrr!

lou031205 Thu 16-Jul-09 16:27:16

You can buy calcium drops - does it have to be in the milk.

silverfrog Thu 16-Jul-09 18:03:24

could you not send him in each day with his milk in a sports bottle?

I'm sure I've seen 200ml cartons somewhere, but can't find them now...

I used to have to send dd1 in with "her" drink each day as she would only drink one type of juice.

misscutandstick Thu 16-Jul-09 19:20:57

it was a pear juice wasnt it silverfrog? hows that going?

yes, we could put drops in, ive only seen flavoured ones tho so far - and in mint too! bet that'd be lovely in milk grin

They have a fridge and are willing to store a big carton and share it over the week, but i really wanted him to have the same as everyone else - hes going to stick out like a sore thumb as it is and was hoping to minimise as much as possible (he still has to drink out of sippy cups). They already think hes 'just a weeny baby' sad, the girls are lovely with him, the boys not so.

misscutandstick Thu 16-Jul-09 19:23:01

silverfrog - what kind of sports bottle were you thinking? Obviously it cant be too big, got to be easy to clean, got anything in mind?

TotalChaos Thu 16-Jul-09 19:26:10

what about just putting it in a fruit shoot bottle and reusing it, they are reasonably easy to wash, you could always shove a bottle brush in it.

silverfrog Thu 16-Jul-09 19:26:16

yes, it was a pear/pineapple mix.

it was discontinued shock

after I recovered from my heart attack, I bought it in big cartons and refilled the small cartons she was used to.

then the bastards discontinued that as well shock shock

I hid under the duvet for a long time, and then faced up to the fact that dd1 had to change what she drank.

she came through a trooper, and now drinks a variety of juices (still form a sippy cup, though).

If you want him to seem to have the same as everyone else, you could alwys collect empty cartons and refill them? it is a bit of a faff, but then he would be having exactly the same thing? (you can only re-use the cartons twice, from my experience, because they satrt to go a bit soft when you wash them out!)

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Thu 16-Jul-09 19:27:14

miss c&s we searched aned searched and the 200ml rice milk with calcium was a no-goer, luckily ds3 can also have soy but then thats flavoured which took a whole statement review!!!!

IME if you put a request n the main section stating that you need to track somthing down for an SN child you get uinundated with very kind people- ds3 would only eat from a cewrtain yellow spoon for a while, never been the recipient of so much kindness!

silverfrog Thu 16-Jul-09 19:29:07

I got dd1 some plain ones form lakeland, but can't see them on the website now. they do have these which look quite good.

or second the fruit shoot bottle - they are easy to get hold of, easy to clean, and easy to drink from.

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Thu 16-Jul-09 19:34:17

word regarding fruitshoot bottle- friend couldnt work out why her #9epileptic so hydration v v important) son wasnt drinking at school, turned out the teacher was confiscating water as it looked like a fruitshoot (even though was clearly labelled otherwise)

however, our infants are nuts

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Thu 16-Jul-09 19:34:53

The Rangeare good for bottles if you have one

misscutandstick Thu 16-Jul-09 19:56:15

thats good to hear Silver!

fruit shoot sounds an idea - they do clear ones as well. Probably less 'babyish' than a sippy cup.

might try 'the range' we have one about half hour away, thanks!

laumiere Thu 16-Jul-09 23:04:17

silverfrog DS1 is like that with flavoured water, we have to keep decanting it into Fruit Shoot bottles.....

misscutandstick Fri 17-Jul-09 07:09:20

Laumiere, DS4 will only drink 'red' juice at the moment - luckily he will also have red milkshake too. other than that, hes on the trusted 'beige' diet.

laumiere Fri 17-Jul-09 10:15:07

I think we're breeding a brand junkie, he's very visual and can recognise different packaging (even if it's very similar). DH nearly exploded when his mum gave DS1 a can of Coke (he's 3) as now he makes a beeline for it in the supermarket....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now