Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

What is the MILDEST mint toothpaste you can buy?

(14 Posts)
MsF Thu 16-Jul-09 12:14:47

Am struggling as ds3 won't brush willingly with anything but Colgate Smiles Toothpaste (0-2 yellow tube).

have tried so many different kids pastes

Does anyone have a spare tube i could buy?
Or can you tell me if you see it anywhere??

sodit Thu 16-Jul-09 12:49:25

silly question i know have you tried googling it? When i typed it in I got places that were selling it but I cant do links blush one of them was mobileplace and it said it was in stock and cost 1.27 a tube

MsF Thu 16-Jul-09 13:01:07

yes...have found a few on web- but 1 shop ttok my order for 10 tubes...then cancelled it....and one has only 1 tube in stock (trying to get a bulk buy ...as to get 1 tube would not be good as i'd have to face the meltdown again when it ran out...whereas at the moment we are 3 weeks in to the current meltdown...and he is less agressive...though still objecting loudly)

one website shows the wrong picture- so have emailed them to confirm it is what i want.

sphil Thu 16-Jul-09 13:42:09

Has he tried Kingfisher toothpaste MrsF? It is mint (they do a fennel one too which I'd avoid!) but very mild.

2shoes Thu 16-Jul-09 13:42:44

ds uses the fennel on(nt but hates mint) it is very good

sphil Thu 16-Jul-09 13:45:14

Has he tried Kingfisher toothpaste MrsF? It is mint (they do a fennel one too which I'd avoid!) but very mild.

MsF Thu 16-Jul-09 13:46:47

no- have not tried that one...yet....!!!!!

will look for that if all else fails.

dilemma456 Thu 16-Jul-09 13:48:09

Message withdrawn

MsF Thu 16-Jul-09 13:57:00

thansk dilema!

he used to like the orange punch and judy paste...then we got this one- and he began brushing much better...so we stuck to it!

I guess...i've probably bought 20 different makes ...to try.... at the moment i'm managing to smear a tiny bit of colgate total on his teeth with my finger- and then arm lock him- and whizz round quickly with the manual toothbrush

mysonben Thu 16-Jul-09 14:04:28

They seem to have stopped selling it.
Have you tried milky teeth o-3 y.?
You probably have though...
Not easy hey!

MsF Thu 16-Jul-09 14:20:47

blush yes!
you name it i've bought it (as far as the common main manufactures/supermarkets own make goes!!!)

mysonben Thu 16-Jul-09 14:41:30

How about trying to trick your ds...buy say the milky teeth one ,cut the bottom bit (the seal) of the smiles one , squeeze the other toothpaste into it and maybe use a strong sellotape to close it back, but hide the sealed bit into your hand when you put the toothpaste on your ds's toothbrush. ???

Probably a very stupid idea, He probably will know by the taste that you 're pulling a fast one.
Wish i could help, i know how frustrating it can be.
Still having nightly problems with ds' dummies , where they have changed the picture on the front. angry

mysonben Thu 16-Jul-09 15:31:28

Found it online try : shop.com , colgate smiles 5oml, o-2, sold by chemist direct for 1 pounds 29p per tube.

Hope it helps.

That was a truly silly idea i had in my last post ! blush
The sort of thing i'd try on ds who i surely wouldn't fool and would end up with a bigger meltdown...

lou031205 Thu 16-Jul-09 17:46:20

This shop has it

As does this

And this one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now