Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

More than 1 sn child

(3 Posts)
Hsl500 Mon 13-Jul-09 10:02:01

Hiya can I ask how others cope having more than one sn child, I have three out of my five boys with special needs
12 yr old asd, ADHD, dispeaxia, and global delay, 11yr old severe ADHD, mental health probs and 2 yr old development delay and hypotonia in his hips and pelvis,
When ds2 is playing up he is 1 to 1, the baby needs 1 to 1 as unsteady on his feet always falling over,
How do you do 3 1to1 when only one of you???
Thanks hsl

Widemouthfrog Mon 13-Jul-09 10:32:45

I have always raised this point with HV. My DS gets 1:1 at school, yet I cannot give it at home, as also have a DS2 with his own undiagnosed SN.

I have been told to contact SS, but I have not been brave enough yet! I have a knack of looking like I am coping when I am at the end of my tether underneath - not always a good thing.

No magic answers I'm afraid. here I just respond to the most immediate/urget/dangerous need and the other has to wait - often with explosive consequences. I cried for an hour at my HV recently after a particularly bad day and after lots of phone calls I was told there was not much on offer in terms of respite for kids with my DS's needs and ages in our area.

I do worry that I am not looking out for myself at times. DH has reduced his working hours, and I am getting better at asking friends and family for help, but it is still mainly all down to me.

Not much help, I'm afraid, but I know where you are coming from.

Hsl500 Mon 13-Jul-09 11:59:06

Thanks we have social involved but say can not help, ds2 is the handful, the social arranged afterschool club but he refuses to go and they say can not make him
Were at end of our tether lastjight he unscrewed the doors as I locked it ,
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now