Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Respite care for child with asd

(8 Posts)
mummy2aaron Sun 12-Jul-09 18:18:16

Where so I start - I know i need a break and so do the other children - who do I approach for help? Social Serices?

troutpout Sun 12-Jul-09 18:45:38

It depends on where you live with them i think....but they do do respite care.

Worth a look anyway

mummy2aaron Sun 12-Jul-09 18:52:31

thanks i will have a look

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Sun 12-Jul-09 19:11:23

ASk for a carers assessment from Social services and for funding help, you may or may not get it but from what I know of your situation you should qualify

mummy2aaron Mon 13-Jul-09 07:56:42

thanks peachy i will do that


meltedmarsbars Mon 13-Jul-09 20:55:18

Ask for respite from Social Services through your consultant or gp, for whatever reason having a medic support your request can help.

meltedmarsbars Mon 13-Jul-09 20:57:25

You can start by outlining what sort of help you'd like - from a childminder for after school a few hours a week or help at home, to overnight care from a foster family.

Good luck.

AnotherSingleDad Tue 14-Jul-09 23:20:19

Social services is a good place to start.

I get a weekend respite a month for my disabled daughter. The foster parents she goes to, also take my able bodied daughter, so I get a complete weekend break.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now