Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Anyone have experience with Bower Grove in Maidstone.. and also a question about post 16s?

(7 Posts)
crace Thu 09-Jul-09 13:11:34

We've been given a place (finally) at the special school from September. I am going to meet the head and have a tour all which need to happen quickly as the year is ending.. but does anyone have any experience there?

Also, I need to find out what happens when they turn 16 (my ds is almost 13) so it's not long before I need to worry about this!

busybeingmum Thu 09-Jul-09 13:39:52

Message withdrawn

crace Thu 09-Jul-09 13:49:08

I've heard the name before - thanks for that, will contact her. (and thanks for the help on the other thread!)

brandy77 Thu 09-Jul-09 18:32:36

Hi, I dont really know anything about Bower Grove just wanted to say hi as i only 4miles downt he road and pass it often smile

Meant to be a really good school though

crace Fri 10-Jul-09 12:54:19

Thanks brandy - we go there on Monday to meet the head and have a tour but good to hear!

strawberryswirl Sat 11-Jul-09 14:30:04

I was under the impression that Bower Grove changed its designation to 'behavioural problems' and were not taking ASD children anymore...when i asked to look around and told them my dd has autism they basically talked me out of it.

My daughter is only 4 so perhaps thats why and that they are still taking older kids because of the children that are autistic and still there?

crace Sat 11-Jul-09 15:42:57

Oh good lord, just the thing I was worried about. I do think they are mostly for behavioural difficulties but speaking to the head he seemed happy for an ASD to attend. I hope to get a better feel for it on Monday. It is possible that you are right about existing ASD there and I do know of a child with behavioural problems (only) 10 years of age going there next term.

I will sadly need him to spend some time there before I can say if it's appropriate or not. He is still in mainstream on a part timetable so frankly ANYTHING is better than that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now