Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Sports Day tomorrow - dreading it.

(6 Posts)
Hangingbellyofbabylon Wed 08-Jul-09 23:14:36

dd is 3 and has CP. Just started taking wobbly steps last month but mainly uses her walking frame. It's her playgroup sports day tomorrow. The playgroup is lovely, they do anything and everything they can for dd. But sports day? I have no idea what will happen, and how dd and I feel about having the physical differences so obviously in her face. I know they will go out of their way to make it as inclusive as possible but I still have that aching in my heart that I'm sure you all know so well. sad

cjones2979 Thu 09-Jul-09 00:30:05

Ah, bless your heart. I'm sending you and your dd a great big hug. Hope it goes well for you. Easier said than done I know, but please try not to fret too much. xxx

cjones2979 Thu 09-Jul-09 23:38:45

Hi HBOB, how did sports day go??x

Hangingbellyofbabylon Fri 10-Jul-09 11:03:58

much better than expected thank you smile Dd took part in all of the races and although she can go quite fast with her walker she treated the school field like a cat-walk and deliberately cruised slowly down the track to admiring glances and applause! Crazy Kid smile

mysonben Fri 10-Jul-09 11:06:46

Bless her! I'm glad she enjoyed herself smile

cjones2979 Fri 10-Jul-09 11:54:41

That's fantastic !! Glad it went well. I bet you were so proud !! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now