Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Where can i get one of these Autism t-shirts? any ideas please?

(19 Posts)
mysonben Wed 08-Jul-09 23:01:25

I've looked on the NAS website , found only books to buy. hmm am i looking in the wrong place?
I want to get one of these slogan t-shirts like "i'm not naughty i have autism" ,... also want to get a brooch/pin like ribbon shaped coloured like the autism puzzle, iykwim?

I hate saying this but the reason i want to get the t-shirt is that when we go places like Chessington or to the mall for serious shopping and i happen to have ds with me (try to avoid as much as poss) and ds has mega tantrums sometimes i "feel the pressure" from others people , you know the way they look or tutt,... and i hate it because i feel ashamed because i think they think i'm an awful mum and my ds is a brat. blush

I may be wrong in thinking a simple slogan on a t-shirt will help... but i do not want to have to explain my ds' behaviour or problems to total strangers, so maybe if they see the word Autism they might understand and not judge.

Olihan Wed 08-Jul-09 23:07:00

We used to carry some little cards from the NAS when we took our foster son out that explained autism and why he was behaving the way he was. They were business sized cards and we just used to hand them over to any 'interested' passersby when he was having a meltdown.

I've never seen the t'shirts but I guess you could get a few printed if you have no luck.

Olihan Wed 08-Jul-09 23:09:14

Cafe Press has t'shirts that say 'I have autism, what's your excuse' and similar.

Olihan Wed 08-Jul-09 23:10:18

This one is good.

Olihan Wed 08-Jul-09 23:11:06

so's this, for the biddies!

Olihan Wed 08-Jul-09 23:13:50

This badge is a fab idea.

Olihan Wed 08-Jul-09 23:18:55

Autism puzzle ribbon badge

Olihan Wed 08-Jul-09 23:20:34

Good old Google, have found the NAS ones here

Olihan Wed 08-Jul-09 23:24:19

Also found the autism ribbon pin rather than badge. Few other bits on that page too.

Olihan Wed 08-Jul-09 23:28:20

Hope this one comes out in the right place on the list. It says I have autism & have difficulty waiting. Please be patient. It's just over halfway down.

Olihan Wed 08-Jul-09 23:30:16

A little bit further down from that one is a plain blue 'I have autism, please show some patience'one too.

Got to go to bed now but hopefully there's somthing there that will do smile.

mysonben Wed 08-Jul-09 23:32:59

Olihan , thank you , lots of things to buy there! Brilliant! smile

Olihan Wed 08-Jul-09 23:35:37

I have autism & have difficulty waiting, etc. Other link didn't work properly, sorry!

Olihan Wed 08-Jul-09 23:36:39

No worries, night!

jjones Thu 09-Jul-09 01:03:27

Ebay have lots of them by a shop called autism awareness

5inthebed Thu 09-Jul-09 09:09:07

I love this one! I want to get my ds2 one, but Dh says no.

MsF Thu 09-Jul-09 12:07:56

i've bought them from eBay

(i've been tempted to get one custom made FOR ME saying something like..

I am a good mum....Honest!
or
I have taught him to share/be polite/eat/play nicely etc...
or
Judge me ....NOT my boys
or
Ask ME about it.... Don't Just Stare.
or
I'd like some me time.
or
They're Not With Me
or
Stop Rubber Necking...
or
Bettcha wish your children were not just like mine

etc....

i'd wear a different one each day to fit my mood.... sometimes i feel downright sorry for myself and wearing one of these would say all i want to say.

(sorry if they are a bit negative!)

MsF Thu 09-Jul-09 12:12:57

I also feel like sticking a large poster saying ALL those things in my front room window! We get alot of strange looks by passers by...the noise etc going on in here....

I have a lovely wall hanging which says

"As far as anyone knows, we are a normal family"

I have hung it in the hallway for all to see when they come to the front door!!!!

I also have a poem about not doing housework,toys scattered every where.... hanging in the bathroom for anyone who satys long enough to sit on the loo to read!!!!

Olihan Thu 09-Jul-09 16:39:36

MSF, there are loads of adult t'shirts on the cafepress site i linked to further down. Some of them are a bit sick-makingly american and cheesy but some are pretty good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now